Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow + Vista

Options
  • 30-03-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hai dudes,

One of my friends got a new pc and installed wow, everything went fine with updating and that but when he zones in the game auto crashes. Anyone had the same experience and knows what to do?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

wow runs fine on my vista machine.
    Could be vista related or possibly a corrupt install/patch. Dodgy addons etc. The list goes on. Really would need more info.

Wow is fairly sensitive to these things it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Might be related to this:

World of Raids wrote:

How to stop framerate lag due to refiltering when you zone:

Issue: When you zone from an instance to the outside world, the combat log goes through a massive loop, pasting every combat log message in the last 5 minutes.

Why would I want to do this fix?
    · You have framerate issues when zoning
    · You have recently been in a combat sessions where there are many combat log events (e.g. raid boss encounters)

Instructions
    1. Select the “Everything” tab
    2. /script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = false

This will prevent all combat log messages from being re-filtered when you zone.

Side-Effects:
    This will also prevent you from seeing old messages with the “Everything” tab.

How to Undo:
    If you accidentally set this on the wrong tab, select the broken tab and type:
    /script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = true

These settings will be saved when you logout.

Advertisement