Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2GB Stainless Steel Drive Keychain (w/ FREE Kaspersky Antivirus)- €9.70 [DealExtreme]

Options
  • 30-03-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭

sku_10705_1.jpg

Quite nice really.. although it does state:
    Note: the Kaspersky Antivirus software preloaded in the USB drive may be displayed in Chinese Language

Still quite a nice little addition.

Oh, and a 1GB version is also available here for €6.22.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not a bad price. Link to the 2GB version is http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10706

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Nice deal, Chinese Kaspersky, handy! :rolleyes:

No joking aside this looks cool in steel, like some of those male jewellery ID tag things. Coolest looking USB stick I've seen anyway, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

random wrote: »
    Not a bad price. Link to the 2GB version is http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10706
    I've it linked to already.. click the image! ;)

basquille wrote: »
    I've it linked to already.. click the image! ;)
    Yah... but .. err ... what if other people are as retarded as me and don't notice? :D

random wrote: »
    Yah... but .. err ... what if other people are as retarded as me and don't notice? :D
    You should switch off the shiny computer.. and get back to knitting! :D

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    You should switch off the shiny computer.. and get back to knitting! :D
    I'm not allowed to play with sharp objects :(

I'm reading some of the reviews! They're funny, stuff like...... I can't remove the Kapersky AV, can't format drive, KAV is on a protected partition, it's not USB 2 etc... etc... I doubt it's not USB2, is anyone making USB 1 drives anymore? As for the formatting there's an easy solution; if all else fails just plug it in, boot into Linux (or use a Linux Live CD) and format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Had a bad experience with dealextreme when ordering USB drives. Stuff never arrived 6 weeks after I ordered. Delivery is so so slow, if you need the drive before May then I'd suggest ordering elsewhere...

This is getting scary, this drive is so slim, you could actually wear it: Transend Super Mini. Will we all end up with RFID tags and these USB drives around our necks with our life histories stored inside? Then all the data could be remotely accessed via RFID in a millisecond! Spooky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

got a trial version of k *****py recentlyl when the trial was over i deleated it, fecked up my pc left my modems with a firewall, so i could not acess the web, had to remove the modems and replace. at your peril me thinks, but then i am not very pc savvy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The code BULKRATE is meant to get you a discount of some sort if you order 3+ I think.

old boy wrote: »
    got a trial version of k *****py recentlyl when the trial was over i deleated it, fecked up my pc left my modems with a firewall, so i could not acess the web, had to remove the modems and replace. at your peril me thinks, but then i am not very pc savvy
    Found Kaspersky to be one of the more thorough AV's myself!
    Ruu wrote: »
    The code BULKRATE is meant to get you a discount of some sort if you order 3+ I think.
    Saw this but not too sure about it.. I read in some cases it brings up the price of the product you're ordering! :D

The user 'investments' over at HotUKDeals says this:
    These are $1.90 each.

If you buy 3 and use the bulk discount offer you will actually PAY MORE for this item than you would if you didnt use the voucher.

$1.90 x 3 = $5.70 + Free shipping

Use the promo code BULKRATE on three items and your basket value becomes $6.24. MORE THAN NORMAL. This is because by using the BULKRATE voucher it initiates a mandatory $1.70 Package Tracking Service fee. So although you save $1.46 you are charged $1.70. (not much but it's the principle of the matter)

SO if you want 1 or 2 of these just buy 1 or 2 (as the code only works for 3+). If you want only 3 then just buy normal without the code. If you want more than 3 then use the code as for 4 units + it does work out cheaper.

Advertisement