Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS & Social Welfare

Options
  • 30-03-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just want to know if somebody has any idea what is the connection between Fas and the Social Welfare this is because just after 2 months of being on the dole I received a letter from the Social Welfare to go to Fas for job offers etc otherwise I will lose my payment but I clearly think that Fas eats from the same plate and maybe they try to brain wash people to get a job quick to get out of the dole.

Any opinions or thoughts will be appreciated!:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Well been on the Dole isnt suppose to be long term... They direct you to Fas to look for a Job or get Training, im on a Fas Course atm its better than the Dole you get Paid more and get a recognised qualification at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It's part of the Employment Action Plan where the dole office sends certain customers to FAS. You must have got selected by the computer system and will need to go. FAS are supposed to give you preference on training courses or help you find employment. Bring your CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Go down to the Fas office and have a good chat with them. There, there to advise you on your best option for employment.
    If there's a course you'd like to do apply for it now, it may take a while till a place arises. They will pay you your dole plus meal allownce (€2 a week i think:eek:) and you may get a travel allowence.

It shouldn't cost you anything,
    Free training,
    Your paid,
    You may get more than the dole,
    Better prospects for the future,
    Meet like minded people,
    This time next year full time work with a decent wage,

On the other hand if your not to interested in work at the moment you should still go down to Fas and apply for a course all the same or the dole might cut you off.

Advertisement