Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS & Social Welfare Connection

Options
  • 30-03-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just want to know if somebody has any idea what is the connection between Fas and the Social Welfare this is because just after 2 months of being on the dole I received a letter from the Social Welfare to go to Fas for job offers etc otherwise I will lose my payment but I clearly think that Fas eats from the same plate and maybe they try to brain wash people to get a job quick to get out of the dole.

Any opinions or thoughts will be appreciated!:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The dole is meant to be a short term income supplement for people who are between jobs, but are actively seeking employment, and not a cash source for those who don't want to work. FAS is Ireland's national employment and training agency- that is why they are sending you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What smccarrick said.
    FAS will help you get work if you are fit to do so.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

papasunday wrote: »
    I clearly think that Fas eats from the same plate and maybe they try to brain wash people to get a job quick to get out of the dole.

The FAS role is to match you to a job or train you up for employment so that you are not reliant on social welfare long term.

Most people think this is a good thing, most people are not brainwashed!

Advertisement