Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Dish Lidil

Options
  • 30-03-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

i SEE WWW.LIDL.IE HAVE A SAT DISH FOR SALE ON THURSDAY ,CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF ITS SUITABLE FOR A CAMPERVAN/MOTORHOME .ALSO HOW IS THE BEST WAY TO GET CABLE TO TELLY FROM DISH .SHOULD I DRILL A HOLE OR BRING IT THROUGH WINOW THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE DAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Lidl occasionally do a camping kit which would be more suitable. The one you've mentioned has a 57cm dish which is a bit bulky for lugging around.
    I personally use a small sky dish and a spare sky box which works fine in here and in France.
    As reguards running a cable I drilled under my gas locker and ran the cable to back of sky box. When on the move I pull the cable back up and leave it in the gas locker. Avoid drilling walls/roof if possible to prevent leaks later on.
    Here's a link to my satellite setup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

The one in Lidl is 220v only. The camping set that Lidl have occasionally would be more suitable as the receiver would be 12v and 220v. Also there would be clamps etc in the kit for attaching the dish to the MH.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Stapeler,

Can you tell me how you use a spare Sky box - do you have 2 carsd or what? I thought the cards had to be coded to the box in use? I have a Katherine auto satellite dish on my van which gets some channels in English, and a lot in german, but am keen to understand how to use a sky box. I think I have access to a spare one - as I don't want to be dragging the house one in and out when going away.

TIA

Zoltar

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Stapeler,

Can you tell me how you use a spare Sky box - do you have 2 carsd or what? I thought the cards had to be coded to the box in use? I have a Katherine auto satellite dish on my van which gets some channels in English, and a lot in german, but am keen to understand how to use a sky box. I think I have access to a spare one - as I don't want to be dragging the house one in and out when going away.

TIA

Zoltar

You can use a spare sky box with no card in it to get only the freeview channels. You would be better off picking up a freeview box. There are lots available for quite cheap and they are normally a lot smaller than a sky box. And you could pick up a dual voltage one that would run off the battery if necessary.

You are correct the sky cards are matched to the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I have two sky boxes and one card, The box without the card works fine for BBCs and ITV's, Sky news etc. When we travel I take the sky card from the other box, once the box is rebooted it accepts the card no problem. I dont believe the card needs to be matched to the box. I purchased the box on ebay for around €40.
    I'm not sure about your existing sat dish if it will work with sky. You could plug in a sky box and see. There's also a Satellite form on boards where somebody could answer your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks guys - must get my hands on the other box now and try it out.

Camping kit will be in Lidl next Monday again for €79.99. Couldn't go wrong for that price.
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080421.p.DigitalCampingSatelliteSystem

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

I have one for sale if anyone is interested in it, €50 as new only used once.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B_Rubble

Hi There wonderworm,
    A bit late i guess but are you still trying to get rid of that camper set?
    If yes I'm interested.

Advertisement