Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Anti Social behavior

Options
  • 30-03-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the amount of teenagers hanging around tesco's looking to get drink on Friday and sat nights. It seems that every teen in the town lands there. Boy racers galore too. I have seen teens turned down at the tills on numerous occasions lately.

They should bring in a strict 21s rule with passport or driver license ID required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Yes I have noticed. But it is wide spread.
    Teenagers have all rights in this country, there is nothing you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

In celbridge its highly noticable, there are gangs hanging around the entrance and it can be intimidating.

In fairness to tesco, they do what they can, are they supposed to ring the guards every week?

I think a lot of the behaviour of teenagers is down to lazy parenting?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

that is why we pay taxes. You can call the cops everyday if it is justified.

teenagers are not liable but the cops can take them to their parents and take the booze away from them. I am tired to see burnt trees in castletown. (hundreds years old trees)
    Littering is also a major problem. But the only focus seems to be on .... dogs ... there are signs everywhere in Castletown "clean after your dog". Amazing, when yo see that the place is covered with plastic bags, and broken glasses. Dogs don't burn trees and they don't break bottles as far as I know.

The other thing that annoys me is bunch of teenagers walking side by side (3 or 4 of them for ex) and they won't move out of the way to let you pass even though you are twice their age. I have come to dislike them. I have no sympathy and, yes it is their parent's fault . It is also the community's fault.

Celbridge is still OK compare to some other places though.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Vincenzo1975. . . . I think with the school holidays it attracts a higher number of teenagers. It always does. You'll see this will die down a bit when school resumes on monday. It's not going to eliminate the influx of this problem, but it does and will reduce it. I think Tesco are pretty good with their alcohol selling procedures. personally, I'm 24 and have been asked for ID. But I do totally agree with the strict 21s rule and I actually think ONLY the garda ID should be accepted. not passports or drivers licence.

Jeff Bond. . . I live in Castletown and have not seen the problem with the plastic bags or broken bottles. . . where have you noticed this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 looneytune

Off course if Teso built a high wall on they would have nothing to sit on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

I have noticed a lot of broken bottles around too, and not just in Castletown.

Advertisement