Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moyglare Hall Showhouses (Maynooth)

Options
  • 30-03-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

I rang the selling agents on Friday and was assured that the show houses were open today from 2 to 4. Just come back from there and after driving around the estate twice we had to give up-we couldn't find any signs to any houses being open to view. I had the same thing on the Sunday of St Patricks weekend but put it down to the weekend that it was.

Has anyone been to see houses in the last few weeks or knows where in the estate the open houses are? Any information appreciated.

eve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You should have taken their number and rang them, first rule when going viewing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

The only number I had was the office for the selling agents and I had rang them last week to confirm that the houses were open over the weekend. It was a landline so no one was picking up on that number on Sunday.

It's still posted on the sign at the entrance that the houses are open 2-4 Saturdays and Sundays. In the 20 minutes we spent driving around I counted 4 more cars who appeared to be looking for the same thing and driving around at entire estate looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Hi eve

I too have been up there for the past 3 weekends. I thought Paddys weekend and Easter were excusable but I phoned the selling agent on Thursday and was told that yes the showhouses would be open Saturday & Sunday from 2.00 - 4.00pm. Turned up on Sunday and no showhouses open. I spoke with 2 other couples who were also waiting to view the showhouses. They also said that they had seen cars drive in, look around and drive away again a while later (maybe other prospective buyers!!). One man was very irate... he said he had confirmed it on Friday with the agent that it would be open and he drove down from Sligo... only to have to leave dissappointed!! I finally gave up at 3.20pm and whats more I for one certainly wont be going back again this weekend or any other weekend for that matter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

You should also write to the builders and let them know that. Unprofessional agents shouldn't be able to continue doing things like that. I imagine the builder wouldn't be too pleased if they knew the agent was not only not making sales, but also actively discouraging people from buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

what estate agent?

• Advertisement

I meant to put an update on this yesterday but forgot. I rang the agent on Monday afternoon and was told that the open houses at the weekends finished the weekend before Paddy's weekend and that all the staff in the office knew this and should have told people this. She said that there still are houses for sale but that viewings are by appointment only and can be done Monday to Friday up to 7 and also on Saturdays.

I think the least they could do is take down the sign at the gate that says that show houses are open Sat&Sun 2-4. I do feel let down by the agents on this one and feel that I have wasted my time going to the estate when I could have been doing other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sounds like they are trying to drum up some business, by telling people they are almost all sold... like at Christmas my sisters other half was waiting at the game counter in Smiths toys, everyone who came in looking for the Wii was told it was the last one, and amazingly enough everyone bought one on the spot!

In the current climate if they had houses for sale, and weren't playing games, they would just have the "open house" open for 2 hours at the weekend... really sounds like they are playing games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 princess_bride

We bought a house in Moyglare hall recently, and have been down to the show houses a fair bit over the past 4 weeks, to take measurements etc - and as far as we can tell, they are still open every weekend. We were there today - and all the showhouses were open, so I'm really confused why the agent would tell you that it was appointment only. :confused:

We bought a house in Moyglare hall recently, and have been down to the show houses a fair bit over the past 4 weeks, to take measurements etc - and as far as we can tell, they are still open every weekend. We were there today - and all the showhouses were open, so I'm really confused why the agent would tell you that it was appointment only. :confused:

Maybe they have re-opened them again. The messing that I was subjected to all happened around Easter so that's more than 6 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 princess_bride

We put our deposit down on the first weekend in April - so yeah, it was after Easter. Have to say though, they've been lovely to deal with... so far! Fingers crossed it continues like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my Boyfriend are thinking of buying one of the four beds in Moyglare hall, we went to see the show house at the weekend and were very impressed. I was just wondering if you could tell me (if you own one of these houses perhaps) are they really as good as they look? Are there any problems with them?
    For example griffin rath in maynooth look lovely but apparently there are endless problems with them!
    Thanks a million! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

folan wrote: »
    what estate agent?

Coonans

Advertisement