Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously Stressing...NEED a Dress

Options
  • 30-03-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

So I'm 18 on Friday and having a big party, but just my luck, I have nothing to wear.

I had my eye on what I thought was the perfect dress in Urban Outfitters, left it too late to get it and thought it had sold out but then found the last one they had after getting a friend to root through returns in the stock room. So I had tried it on the the womens changing rooms, thought it looked fab (afore mentioned friend then informed me that the mirrors in the womens changing rooms are tilted to make you look skinnyer), so when I went to show a friend, I tried it on in the mens and low and behold it made me took like a lumpy pillow.

I had bought shoes, bag and a bra to go with it, but now I'm back to where I started.

I tried everywhere i know of in Town and Dundrum (All the usual places River Island, Warehouse, Coast, Monsoon etc. aswell as Fran and Jane, Chica, Jullian, Everywhere in the Powerscourt, Westburary and that little one out side it etc. etc.) yesterday and still have nothing! I'm going shopping again after work tomorrow, but I dont even know where to start looking.

Its probably a bit late to order on line, but I actually need something beautiful!!

I'm a size 14-16 (its hips and boobs mostly lol) and quite tall,
    any help would SERIOUSLY be appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭i_hate_rain

Have you tried Oxendales or Littlewoods they'd usually deliver in 2-3 days if you ring and order.
    Or you could buy spanx and go back and try it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

If you really liked the dress, go back and try it on with really good underwear. M&S do a full body contraption. Not pretty but it really works well under dresses. Irons out all the lumps and bumps. Can actually make a dress feel loser on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You could borrow something from a friend? I know you'd prefer to have your own, but if you're really stuck then it might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lilly87

I know how you feel!! I was stressing out a few weeks ago to get a dress for my 21st. I tried absolutly everywhere for weeks before my party in the usual Coast, Monsoon, Warehouse, Chica etc, with no luck. I actually bought dresses which I thought were nice in the fitting room but horrible when I tried them on at home so I returned them.

About 2 days before my party feeling totally fed up of shopping (which I never thought was possible!!) I was walking through the George's Street arcade and found my dream dress in one of the boutiques along there.

Its worth a try as you can find some nice original looking stuff altough the stores can be expensive. Don't worry you will find something!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Hi shazpunk,

I know the feeling.
    My sister recently had her 18th and she was in a similar state.
    I bought her a dress that she ended up not using as it was a bit 'edgy' - her words.

See below.

53559.jpg

If you fancy buying it from me, PM me.
    Tis a size 6-8, and will cost you a cool 120euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Eh? Joke right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

Pamela Scott had nice dresses the other day
    purple one especially and ideal for an 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭event

chump, you bought that for your 18 year old sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

I REALLY hope chump is messing....Still havent found anything, spent all day yesterday searching...but, I might be getting a fashion designer neighbour to whip me something up lol....*fingers crossed*

thanks for the advice though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Warehouse have some gorgeous dresses at the moment...but Id agree with the poster who suggested getting good fitted underwear..it can work wonders! Good luck, be sure to post a pic of what dress you end up getting:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement