Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you find is the best local councillor for getting things done?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering who you find is the best for getting back to you on queries and sorting out issues in Lucan?

I've only experience of two one was Fintan McCarthy who I rang with an issue to do with my the housing estate I was in and I have to say he was straight on it and gave me a couple of calls until I was happy, it was a major lose to Lucan the day he died, nice fella to deal with as well, :(

The other was our Deputy Major Derek Keating, I rang him with the same issue, didn't get him and left a voicemail. Did he get back to me NO!

Now that was a couple of years ago. Again I had a local concern and I emailed him with a querie a couple of weeks back has he got back to me No.

So I know who I won't be voting for in the next local elections:mad:

But have any of you had experiences with local councillors on local issues that directly impact you and who do you find was the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

wow 99 views and no opinions! Are we all so indifferent to local politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I haven't lived in Lucan for a few years but my parents are still there. I'll ask them who they think is good. I know that Derek Keating quite often writes to the Lucan Newsletter with updates so perhaps a letter to the Newsletter asking him why he hasn't bothered replying might initiate a response :)

Local politics is hugely important. It's amazing the number of people who b1tch and moan about things in their locality yet have never contacted their councillors with complaints. The worst are those who complain after some vote has been passed when there was plenty of time to object before the vote yet they didn't! :rolleyes:

Advertisement