Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the RAF??

Options
  • 29-03-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Can anyone please give me information in regards to a Irish person joining the RAF...is it possible for for a irish citzen to join the RAF and if so what would be the requremnets with things such as eyesite and genreal fitness

any info would be great thanks:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Have a look here:http://www.raf.mod.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Irish Citizens can join the RAF in most areas. I believe they cannot become pilots or navigators or ATC operators, but I maybe mistaken. My own son wants to join when he leaves school.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Gunnerkid

ya Im just finishing up in school now and was thinking of joining thhe RAF..
    altough its a pure sickner to hear you cant be a pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Gunnerkid wrote: »
    ya Im just finishing up in school now and was thinking of joining thhe RAF..
    altough its a pure sickner to hear you cant be a pilot

I know, but there are a lot of other jobs available, such as aircraft technicians and weapons technicians that are open to Irish citizens. Not the same as a pilot, i know, but good jobs, with good prospects and on some of the finest aircraft in the world. Don't forget they already have the Typhoon and are in line to get F-35 Lightning II's in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Indeed it is a big pity the RAF officially doesn't allow Irish people to become aircrew anymore. However I suspect that a serving member of the RAF who is an Irish citizen of good service, may just be allowed to apply for an aircrew position.
    I have no evidence of that other than my experience of dealing with the RAF. I have a strong suspicion that there is flexibility. But of course there is no proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Gunnerkid

Thanks lads for the help, Ill probaly try get into to contact with them to get more information

Advertisement