Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macs and Lasers

Options
  • 29-03-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas about a site that is compatible with Macs and accepts laser?!

Yes I'm an awkward bollix.

Thanking you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Full Tilt Poker are the only ones I know that have a Mac compatible client, but don't accept Laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Pemba

thanks basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Pokerroom and the whole ongame network are mac compatible. (Web based)
    Partypoker has a java thing. Paradise poker as well, I think.
    Pokerstars has a Mac client as well which is exactly the same as the windows, i.e. fully featured, to a point. It's still in Beta, but works perfectly.

Laser doesnt seem to be supported outside Ireland. Somebody might know if that 3V card can be used to deposit to poker sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

erm, what DubTony said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

basquille wrote: »
    Full Tilt Poker are the only ones I know that have a Mac compatible client, but don't accept Laser.

Pokerstars and full tilt have mac support.

Neither support Laser directly BUT they do support moneybookers.com (a money transfer site). You can upload funds instantly to moneybookers with a Laser card and then depositb to stars/tilt.

(when using Laser , moneybookers will ask you for a 4 digit code on the back of your laser card. A lot of irish lasers (eg AIB) do not have this code, in this case just enter 111 and it should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

58o wrote: »
    Pokerstars and full tilt have mac support.

Neither support Laser directly BUT they do support moneybookers.com (a money transfer site). You can upload funds instantly to moneybookers with a Laser card and then depositb to stars/tilt.

(when using Laser , moneybookers will ask you for a 4 digit code on the back of your laser card. A lot of irish lasers (eg AIB) do not have this code, in this case just enter 111 and it should work

VERY HELPFULL!

Cheers!

What about 3V Cards? They ok to use on any Poker sites??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭coillcam

3 v cards are not allowed to be used to deposit on any gaming/gambling site and that includes poker. It's in the the T+C's when you sign up.

I presume this due to the fact that anyone over the age of 16 can get one.

Green Joker Poker accept laser for deposits and withdrawals no problem without moneybookers. I have mates who only use the site because of this.

Sh*** I just read that. Too late- I bought a 20 quid 3V voucher. No biggy, I'll just buy something with it.

Cheers.

By the way, http://www.moneybookers.com/ is not loading for me. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

just get vmware for the mac for free, and run poker inside a virtual xp session.. Then the world of poker is your oyster..

Not to difficult to setup , you will need to borrow!! an xp cd, or i have seen xp virtual machines available for download.:rolleyes:

I already have bootcamp and play regularly on Paddy Power. I put 20 quid in off my friends credit card about a year ago and have managed to keep it.

The problem here is that Im invited to a private game on PokerStars which I would like to attend. I just don't like asking my mate/brother if I can use his credit card. My bro thinks poker sites are dodgy :rolleyes:

I might just have to offer him interest or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭coillcam

Don't use a c.card or laser card that isn't reg'd in your name, your account can get locked and closed fairly quickly.

Playing on Paddy Power just go the bookies, give them your nickname and they can take cash over the counter, your winnings will be taken by cheque in the post that way.

With Ladbrokes you can register in the shop. They take cash over the counter and then they will pay your winnings out over the counter too, which is quite handy. Obviously if you have any substantial winnings give the branch a call first of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

58o wrote: »
    Should this say 1111?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 harpoonface

I 'think' it's 3 digits. but yeah all the ones does work.

Advertisement