Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold, nuggets as big as your fist.

Options
  • 29-03-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hey guys im 70 now and trying to get a flying mount, problem is im skint. Any advice on how to make some gold, if you have a secret niche and your not on my server (bladefist) could you pm it to me i promise to keep it secret. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

dailies dailies dailies, daily

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

where do i get those? Dont i need a flying mount?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

The biggest trick to saving money in WoW is easy. Its the same trick that works in Real life too...

DONT SPEND IT!

How many times have you managed to cobble together 100-200gold and then gone on the auction house, "just to browse" of course. And then bought that shiny purple sword, or the insanely good trinket for your spec that was a steal?

Others will suggest playing the auction house and the truth is that is a great way to make money, but this isnt World of Accountants now is it? So it can get a bit boring. Simply finding what sells well on your server and then farming for it is the 2nd best piece of advice I can give.

For instance, at the moment on our server wool cloth is selling for upwards of 7gold per stack. Farming some yourself and then buying up any pieces that are getting too cheap, off the Auction house. Then put them up at just above the current price of wool cloth. Works a treat. Anyone that is buying wool cloth off the auction house wants it for 1 of 2 reasons. The first being leveling up tailoring, in which case they'll need alot, and will buy your stack(s) quite quickly anyway. The second reason being leveling up first aid, in which case they'll need quite a decent amount and will get to yours soon anyways ;)

The reason for doing this stops the price of wool cloth being driven into the ground and also to ensure you make as decent a profit as possible. Remember the goal is to make as much money as possible, not to make money as quickly as possible ;)

Beyond these key points, farm and save, save, save. Hope this helps :)

P.s. replace Wool Cloth with whatever semi-easy to get item that is overpriced on your server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

You can make 300 gold + a day from daily quests.

Which means you can make your 5000g in just two and a half weeks of spending 1-2 hours a day on dailies.

Also, go around all outland and do quests you didnt do, you will get on average of 20gold a quest from level 70 quests ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

~Isle of Quel Danas, 4 dailys there.. leads on to more dailys.. all at 10g a pop and are easier than levelling from level 1 to level 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

If you complete all of the quests available in Netherstorm you will pocket a cool 2500g. Shadowmoon Valley quests give a total of 1500g. If you somehow are poor after those then dailies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'll say dailies too. I spent 5k on my epic bird which nearly skint me. I'm back up over 1K now mainly from the SMV dailes. I really should do the pre-quests and start on the Ogril'la ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh, the dailies on the isle are easy but the lag is attrocious. and on my server, despite the constant general chat telling everyone not to attack the alliance, a mass pvp war still errupts!! (all down to the alliance being kids of course)!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I never planned on getting my epic birdie, but after doing nothing but healing in Kara and BG, i feel like doing some simple questing and starting the trudge to the 5000g. Plus it gives me a good excuse to respec to either Ret or Prot (pally). Which is better for questing/grinding btw?
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh, the dailies on the isle are easy but the lag is attrocious. and on my server, despite the constant general chat telling everyone not to attack the alliance, a mass pvp war still errupts!! (all down to the alliance being kids of course)!!! :D
    I love some of the PvP up there. Had a great laugh killing some hordies running from an instance wipe. Nice and satisfying. Also did some naked dancing with a 5-man horde group, who then told the other hordies killing everyone not to touch me. Good times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I find quest grinding the easiest way to get money. And farming for rugged leather, as it sells at 8-12g per stack on my realm. I have quite a few epic plans ( bs/lw/tailoring) that have dropped from random mobs but i just cant sell them for any decent money. SMV is very easy to quest and the quests give decent money. Aslo farming the legion hold for marks and fel armaments works well too. Dailys are great too, if you can find a group thats doing the ones that need groups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement