Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPMS Ireland

Options
  • 29-03-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Taken from the Scale Aircraft Modelling:

IPMS The Four Provinces /Republic Of Ireland/ is anew branch of IPMS representing modellers in Ireland. Set up by modellers from around the country, its currently seeking members. If you build any kind of models from injection plastic, vacform or resin kits, we want to hear from you!

For more information contact Roy on 086....... or email rdmckay#iol.ie

Didn't bother to put his phone down here, if you're interested drop him an email. I have done so already :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

thanks for that... mail sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Will be doing this aswell. This portion of our hobby has been crying out for this kinda thing in this country. Good to see might bring some more interest in the hobby or rekindle a few memories for people to return to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

When you say injection plastic, are you talking about the airfix / revell type kits? or is this something completly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

...that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I build some static models from time to time. What benifit would there be to join a club? Is it to display the models at shows or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

BFassassin wrote: »
    I build some static models from time to time. What benifit would there be to join a club? Is it to display the models at shows or what?

I think its a great thing to be in a club. I reckon there are a lot of advantages.
    1. You get to discover that you are not alone! And maybe when some one asks what you do with yer spare time you might not be embarressed to say you make model airplanes (or trucks)
    2. You get to talk to other modellers about techniques and materials they use.
    3. you can find out where to get stuff
    4.you get to see what others make, like if you make nothing but tanks, you may see a truck be impressed, and try your hand at it.
    5. You get to go to shows. I went to the Wicklow scale model clubs show last year (only show ive ever been to!) and really enjoyed it. I got to see some very very impressive models, Fise im looking at you... And to have other guys who know what kinda work went into what you have made tell you "thats pretty good" is a very satisfying feeling! Though you may also realise you`re not as good as ye thought ya were too, which might not be so good!
    I think that for €25 a year you really cant go wrong. Sure what does a kit cost these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yeehah1

';#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yeehah1

02-04-2008
    Hey Guys,
    FiSe, you the same from Frank's site?
    Guys, I am the guy who founded and is the current chairman of IPMS: Four Provinces, which is, in everything but name, IMPS Ireland.
    I'll fill you all in in more detail later, but feel free to contact either Roy or myself regarding details on joining and on our plans for the future. We are currently constructing a website and are in the process of designing a newsletter.
    All are welcome..no matter the skill level, the discipline within the hobby, there is no elitism. We are there for each other, to encourage and promote the hobby.
    Liam
    ipmsfourprovinces@hotmail.com

yeehah1 wrote: »
    02-04-2008
    Hey Guys,
    FiSe, you the same from Frank's site?
    Guys, I am the guy who founded and is the current chairman of IPMS: Four Provinces, which is, in everything but name, IMPS Ireland.
    I'll fill you all in in more detail later, but feel free to contact either Roy or myself regarding details on joining and on our plans for the future. We are currently constructing a website and are in the process of designing a newsletter.
    All are welcome..no matter the skill level, the discipline within the hobby, there is no elitism. We are there for each other, to encourage and promote the hobby.
    Liam
    ipmsfourprovinces@hotmail.com

The one and only FiSe on the web ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shelley1

Please ignore the username, logged in under the missus'sis handle..

Firstly, a heads up for anyone interested in meeting us...

The Monageer Model show is being held on 27th April this year, and IPMS The Four Provinces will be in attendance. Please make it your business to drop by and make yourself known.

According to the invite letter "the school has had a major rebuild since the last exhibition, which has resulted in an increase in exhibition space available. This year as well as flying the aircraft we hope to provide the outdoor pond for RC boats and an area for RC cars."

Last time, the space was very fragmented, and classrooms were the order of the day. It would be interesting to see what space is there now.

Secondly, is the Wicklow Scale Model Club still in existance?

If anyone wants any more information, please give me a shout.
    Cheers,
    Roy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

BFassassin wrote: »

myself and a number of fellow truck modellers will be holding a model truck display and competition at the new Southeast Truckfest this August 9th 10th in Enniscorthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Hi Roy,
    The RCCAOI, the governing body of r/c car racing in Ireland, would be very interested in putting on a display of On-road and Off-road both nitro and electric cars if that would be possible.

Do you have details regarding how we can arrange to be part of the Monageer Model show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shelley1

Bump-ticketey-bump for the Monageer (Monagear?) model show....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Prenton1

Resurrecting an old thread....

IPMS Ireland is still going strong - it is the Irish organisation of the international club - the IPMS (international Plastic Modellers Society). Founded in 2008 as a national organisation, we have members all around the country, and club groups meet regularly in Dublin (the Dublin Chapter) and in Shannon (the Limerick/ Shannon branch). Some of our members also meet, in a non-club meeting of modellers in Cork, at the local branch of Marks Models.

Details of the club, which is under new management from those mentioned above, can be found here:-

http://www.ipmsireland.com/

If you are interested in joining, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail at the address on the contacts page at the back of the website.

Cheers,

Philip Jones
    Hon. Secretary, IPMS Ireland, and Chairman, Dublin Chapter of IPMS Ireland.

I will second that Philip's post and will add link to the part of the IPMS IRL membership based in the Munster province of Ireland:

www.modellingmunster.com

All our branches are open to anyone interested in the hobby, no matter what sort of stuff you are into and with or without club affiliation.
    As has been mentioned already in the above post our Branches, usually, meet on a monthly basis, members of Limerick / Shannon Branch are meeting on 1st Saturday of each month at 14.00 at Atlantic Airventure Centre in Shannon.
    Dublin Branch meeting used to be 3rd Saturday of each month, in Exchange, Temple Bar, although there are some adjustments being made at the moment. Check IPMS forum, if you are interested and pop in to say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Prenton1

FiSe wrote: »
    All our branches are open to anyone interested in the hobby, no matter what sort of stuff you are into and with or without club affiliation.

Dublin Branch meeting used to be 3rd Saturday of each month, in Exchange, Temple Bar, although there are some adjustments being made at the moment. Check IPMS forum, if you are interested and pop in to say hi.

The next meeting of the Dublin Chapter (not Branch) will be held on 28th September in the Exchange Dublin premises from 11 am till 1 pm. All modellers are welcome.

Philip

Advertisement