Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tankadin

Options
  • 29-03-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm lvl50 with my tankadin and i'm wondering what stats i should be going for? Most of my gear is +stam and +strength. Ive read conflicting post on whether strenght is important or not.

And what lvl should i start using some +spell damage gear?? or should i have some already??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

for a tank would +block and +dodge be good ? I dont think you should really worry at your lvl. Be more concerned when you hit 70 and start raiding and doing heroics.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Strength really isn't important. Stamina above all, some int while levelling, and general tanking stats (def/avoidance/block) if you can find them somewhere. Spell damage gear doesn't really exist pre-Outland, and with the changes to quite a lot of paladin gear in 2.4 (removing spelldmg for strength) is still difficult to find *in* Outland. Most paladin tanks at the Karazhan level have around 200 +dmg, most of which will come from the KoT revered sword with a 40 spell damage enchant.

A decent source for this sort of info is the Maintankadin forums - well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Those forums seem to be down atm, ill have a look later. Thx for the help lads.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, they went over their bandwith allowance. Try checking again on Tuesday :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Pretty much what rainbow kirby said, with the addendum... Strength isnt just not very important, its utterly useless. For paladins moreso than warriors, but its pretty much a wasted stat for warriors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Wookie5

Tankadins need a good base of HP so work on Stam, Parry, dodge & def to an extent and work on your aggro building so plenty of spell dmg and spell hit to hold aggro... tankadins are great aoe tanks and are a must in 25man raids so keep that in mind when building gear sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

block/spell dam for threat

stam for survival

parry/dodge for mitigation

idealy you should have 3 sets and swap em around depending on the situation, but at lower levels stacking stam is prolly the way to go, due to itemisation on the other gear sucking. just ninja from warriors and you'll do fine. int/str/ap/crit sucks for tanking, dont let anyone tell you otherwise

Advertisement