Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fujitsu laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

378euro with delivery here are the specs
    Specifications
    Product Description Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile V5535 Notebook PC
    Processor 1 x Intel Celeron 540, 1.86 GHz, 1 MB L2
    Hard Drive 1 x 80 GB - standard - Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
    Networking Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
    Built-in Devices Stereo Speakers, Wi-Fi
    RAM 512 MB GB (installed) / 2 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM 667 MHz
    Display 15.4" Widescreen XGA display (1280 x 800)
    Optical Storage DVDRW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM - integrated
    Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), administrator password, system password
    OS Provided Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
    Dimensions (WxDxH) 360 x 260 x 39 mm
    Weight 2.7 Kg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Yes good deal, except your'e not gonna be able to run Vista properly, it's faaaaar to week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Nice, but is that an affiliate link you've posted? Naughty, naughty! :(

Maybe not enough RAM for Vista, but plenty for Ubuntu or your favourite Linux distro. Besides, you can get 1Gb laptop RAM for £10 (+P&P) at the 7DayShop. It's easy to install yourself.

Update: just noticed Misco do some good prices on laptop RAM as well, so probably cheaper to order it from them at the same time, and save on postage: http://www.misco.ie/categories/~wci~793~f1~PRICEA~/index.htm The Crucial 1Gb module is premium memory and looks good value at €20.57

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

sorry didn't realize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

you wont run vista well on 512mb ram....this is coming from someone who's tried:p

allthough for €36 inc vat on crucial you can get 2gb of ram(2x1gb) which will make it much better IMO:D

• Advertisement

even if he gets the 2 gig ram, the processor is still to weak, and the harddisk is to small as well. Microsoft recommends at least 40 gig disk space for Vista, so that leaves about 40 left. With other necessery software installed probably 35 gig left, wich very litlle I think. Better to look for something more poweful :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

vista uses about 10 gb of space, microsoft recommend 15gb of free space for vista

800mhz minimum for the processor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I haven't seen a laptop with integrated SiS graphics in the past 3 or 4 years, I thought the company went bankrupt...... Its cheap as chips- but you get what you pay for. If you have a copy of XP Pro lying around at home- and whacked it on in place of Vista, you'd have a nice enough machine- but its not worth while as is.

`hey eohlc! This is taken from Microsoft website, and note that this is for Visra basic, wich requires less space and power.
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    20-gigabyte (GB) hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space. For preimium it takes much more space, and for the operating system to run smooth u need to have at least double the space left.
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space (the 15GB of free space provides room for temporary file storage during the install or upgrade.)

I.e u can not defragment the hard drive unless u have more than 30% free space left of your hard drive. I have a processor that is more superior to the Celeron, AMD Turon 64 X2 TL 50, and I upgraded mine to 2 gig ram, but the computer still were running very hot under Vista, compare to XP. Mine came with Vista, and it was a hell to find the correct driver to downgrade to XP. So for me this is just waste of money if u don have a XP CD, and pretty sure u gonna find all the correct drivers for this notebook. :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Look in the Dell Laptops thread... Much better machines for similar money

• Advertisement
Advertisement