Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treat for feet

Options
  • 29-03-2008 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

The bottoms of my feet have very hard, dry skin, does anyone know any kind of 'feet treat' that would soften and pamper my feet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I know it sounds yuck, but you can get this thing that's like a giant nail file, but for the feet (called a foot file I think). You file the skin off after a bath or shower. It does actually work.
    You can also use Flexitol heel balm. It's supposed to be good although i find the idea disgusting as one of the main ingredients is urea which is found in urine and sweat!
    I found this: http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=2704

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Pythia wrote: »
    You can also use Flexitol heel balm. It's supposed to be good although i find the idea disgusting as one of the main ingredients is urea which is found in urine and sweat!
    I found this: http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=2704

I wouldn't let the urea content put you off Pythia. Urea is a common ingredient in cosmetics of all brands from Estee Lauder to Oil of Olay.
    It's used in synthetic form so it has as much in common with sweat and urine as tap water does. In fact less come to think of it !:)
    It's a very powerful skin conditioner so the cream you recommend is probably very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Try Slcock's Base, its about a fiver for a 500G tup and you'll get it over the counter.

Smother your feet in it before bed and put socks on, Your feet will be perfect after two or three days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 maria

though technically not a product for feet, burt's bees hand salve is really good for softening the skin on your feet. i used it last year and found it great, i'd recommend using it at night before you go to bed though because it can feel quite greasy....worth it though! you can get it in most health stores and costs about €10!

Advertisement