Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda to PSNI (Temp Transfer)

Options
  • 28-03-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Read a post there which mentioned temp transfer from GS to PSNI. Have never heard of it bar a few from my phase going to Garnerville for a few days during phase 1 and a few of their students going to T'more!

Does anyone know the details behind it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Go through last months circulars, one of them has all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Coolio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

I believe its being advertised at the moment. Dont know the ins and outs of it but my understanding is that its for 3 months, maybe longer and that your not actually policing the streets during it but Im open to correction on all of this.

Dont think anyone has actually gone up yet, maybe Nog or Clara knows of someone who has.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Sounds interesting.... have to see if i can get my hands on the circular!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I haven't heard of anyone going to psni yet but it does sound like a great idea. Must dig out that circular, it wasn't posted in our station. Not surprised really, we are very short staffed at it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

TheNog wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anyone going to psni yet but it does sound like a great idea. Must dig out that circular, it wasn't posted in our station. Not surprised really, we are very short staffed at it is.

Its 35/08, won't upset you by giving away the closing date for applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

CLADA wrote: »
    Its 35/08, won't upset you by giving away the closing date for applications.

:o

Cheers Clada but I'm heading down to TT tomorrow for 4 wks of heaven.

Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Doubt there would've been too much interest in this. Fair enough it was for a plain clothes observation role but the 'welcome' one may have gotten would've turned a lot of people away from this.

I remember a few years back where they were looking for members to transfer to the PSNI full-time. Don't think anyone went that time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

TheNog wrote: »
    :o

Cheers Clada but I'm heading down to TT tomorrow for 4 wks of heaven.

Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to it.

Phase 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

You needed a years service POST probation. It was for two months , and you'd be in plainclothes.Extra allowances in Pay as well.
    There is a pic in this months Garda Review of a PSNI Lady Constable (Banner) in plain clothes with some uniformed lads at the Scotland Ireland rugger match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

Has any officers from psni ever transfered to the GS either temporary or full time?

Advertisement