Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST : my 21 year old Dog

Options
  • 28-03-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

I've had this dog since i was 4 years old.

Her name is Tiny. The builders left the door open today and she wondered off.

I've attached a Picture.

If anyone has seen her please contact me

She lives in the tymon north area. (St aongus estate)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

sorry to hear about your dog. Hope you find her soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

put her pic and a notice up on www.lostandfound.ie and www.petsireland.invisionzone.com.

Put notices up around the local area and in the shops.

Leave details and notices at local garda stations and veterinary surgeries.

And contact the pounds for your area (and surrounding ones)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm having flyers made up.. I've registered it on those websites. as well as gumtree and ISPCA.

Cant ring the pound cos they are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

well try first thing tomorrow. To give you hope, my cat wandered away from my house about a year ago. She's normally an indoor kitty but the door was left open by my brother...but I won't go into that.
    We rang the vets straight away and left a description of our kitty.
    2 weeks passed and we were sure that she would be missing forever. Then we got a phonecall from the vets to say a woman had rang them to tell them that she'd been feeding a cat that matched my kitty's description! We called up to her house and low and behold our cat was there.

So do all you can...and lets hope your lovely little dog is found quick and safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bobbytwo

try www.irishanimals.ie website too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Really hope u find her, she's lovely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's heartbreaking hope you find her the poor thing and in this awful weather. Do keep at the local and non local pounds and rescues an ad on the radio can really help. Hope you find her safe and sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You should also visit www.dogsindistress.org

They look after the dogs in Ashtown pound, I'd also suggest getting mobil and visiting some poinds too as unless you visit the pounds you can't appricate just how many dogs are in there and your dog could very easily be overlooked by just posting on websites.

any idea where the closest pound to tallaght is... on the website is says the sth dublin one is in
    Blackhall Boarding Kennels,
    Summerhill Road, Blackhall,
    Dunboyne, Co. Meath

?? is that right ? thats miles away.

NeVeR wrote: »
    any idea where the closest pound to tallaght is... on the website is says the sth dublin one is in
    Blackhall Boarding Kennels,
    Summerhill Road, Blackhall,
    Dunboyne, Co. Meath

?? is that right ? thats miles away.

Yes thats the one. I would also be leaving details with Ashton Pound (north Dublin) and Dun Laoghaire Pound too if I were you. Also call the various rescue organisations and leave details with them.

I lost my dog in Dublin once, and only found him by accident 10 days later. A rescue had found him and placed him in foster (Animal Rescue Ireland). Despite both the rescue, and myself leaving details at the pounds, the link was never made. I only found him as I was lucky enough to meet him out walking with his fosterer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A lot of people from Dunboyne dog can be found on;

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Oh that's terrible, I hope she is found safe and sound and that maybe someone will have taken her in.

Is she wearing a collar with a tag or is she microchipped cos if she is and the pound pick her up they will scan her for a chip and that will have all your details on and they will contact you.

Best of luck and please keep us updated, fingers and toes crossed for you. I can't even imagine how upset you must be.:(

no collar/tag/ or chip.. She was never out of the house.

Have flyers made up. I contacted the Pounds and some vets.

thanks for the info.

does anyone know who looks after the dogs in Blackhall Boarding Kennels ? i rang there, they said they had nothing... But then they rang back saying they had a dog matching my Dog... only they are closing at 1,, and i cant get over in time.. as i live in tallaght. Also they are closed tomorrow. The Dog is in Kennel 6. I just need to know if it's her or not.

If anyone can help i would be sooo greatful
    thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

will send you pm instead but it looks like her so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Cobweb, that looks like the missing dog, JOB WELL DONE!!! :)

Thats my dog... thanks sooooo much... i'll have to collect her on Monday

thank you sooooo much

yay! Glad to hear you found her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Aww what a lovely thread. So glad you found her. Well done cobweb!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

ah nay bother youre welcome! just glad i could help a little bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Oh yey..thrilled to hear you found her! I suggest investing in a collar and tag..wouldn't want it happening again.
    Kudos to cobweb!:)

Thats brilliant news! So happy for you.

Do invsst in a collar and tag any dog can go missing or be taken in or out of the house, there are certain folk that have the nerve to walk into a garden and snatch a dog. Plus you know now that accidents can happen with people leaving gates open etc.

go tags is a good website for really nice tags a tiny one would do the job wont bother the dog you can fit all your info on it they're great.

Some dog rescues will chip for cheaper than the vets and some vets have an 'im microchipped please scan me' free dog tags on their counter.

Your local pet shop/hardware shop or vets might do tags too. Inexpensive but mean the world when you loose a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

ahhhh thankgod u found her, she'l be so happy to see you on monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Man, saw your thread yesterday and was hoping the doggie would be found. All's well that ends well. We got our tags in petstop, they engrave them on the spot. Its handy and we keep a spare collar and disk in a drawer - they always loose them, the rascals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Tip regarding the tags:
    When my dog lost his tag about a year or two ago naturally my mother went to get another one for him, however the man doing it suggested to only put the mobile number on it and not his name, as if anyone were to find him/steal him they would have comand over him. Thought it was good advise.

I believe by law you have to have the owners name address and phone number on the tag, as said not a good idea to put the dogs name on it.
    Cant think of the name of the place i ordered my last tags from they were even better than go tags because i must have them two years now and they have never fallen off or faded. it was a uk company worked out around 10 quid.

I put my name, address, two phone numbers, 'spayed', and also microchipped by animark on it. This all fit clearly and neatly on a tiny tiny tag for my little dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Awh that's so great that you found your dog. And 21 years old? That's impressive for a dog! Must be a strong one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I'm really happy you found your dog!! She's a little cutie too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ah im delighted that you got your dog back. You must have been heartbroken when she went missing. 21 years old.. that is some age for a dog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Nice story :)

My dog has a tag with her name and a number on one side, and 'Microchip' on the other.

When she's minded by a friend, when I'm away, children stop him to pet her, and say "Is your dog's name Microchip?"

Advertisement