Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat is molting like crazy

Options
  • 28-03-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I brush him every day and still an hour later there is a cloud of loose hair drifting behind him when he moves. Its incredible! I sweep up a small animal-sized amount of fur from the floor every day. Well ok - every couple of days. Or whenever I get around to it...:D

Should I give him a supplement for his coat - or is it just the time of year and let it run its course?

I'm thinking he must be building up hairballs in his belly at this rate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Heya, one of my toms is the same, its like the wild west in our house, except white furballs instead of tumbleweeds. No amount of brushing helps, as he still sheds like lad. I give them the Malties, in the pink bag from dunnes/tescos, to help dissolve fur in their gut. thats all ya can do really. I make sure they get plenty of fish oils in their diet, tins of mackerel can help, smelly but works. and keeps the coats really shiny. Thats only as a treat tho, and I make sure there are no bones.

If you are feeding you two a food like Hills science plan, then once its for their age group then it should be plenty for them regarding supplements and nutrients. Its just the nuiscance of sweeping up fur everywhere!!! leather couchs are the best, I know they can get scratched to bits, but try getting fur our of cloth couches!!!!!! :) hope this helps. Your two cats must be huge now you should post a pic :) Id love to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

thalia_13 wrote: »
    wild west in our house, except white furballs instead of tumbleweeds.

LOL! :D:D:D
    I know what you mean! I keep thinking there are little grey mice sitting in the corner - but no! Just another fluff ball!

I must take some new photos - but here is one from a few months ago of them playing in the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

they are adorable and they look so healthy! Its great to see strays/adopted cats thrive, coz you take them in and not knowing their family history. my lads are all strays, and I do always wonder what their genepool is! haha if you asked them they'd say human!!!

On a lighter note What is it with cats and sinks??? my lads love the sink and the shower! haha try bath them tho thats a different story then!

Advertisement