Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team

Options
  • 28-03-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Me and my mates are thinking of getting together a team to play paintball. Now let's say we will get all gear that we need to play. Will we be able to take part in League games ? We are not students anymore. Also as I understand we would need to train, that means we need place to do it, so is there any place around in dublin where we could do it free of charge ? Or maybe there's no chance for that ? Is IPPA helping in cases like this ? After organising our own equipment and transportation this is another step/problem imo.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

Hiya Omri! Good to hear you wanna set up a team!
    First 3 questions I need to ask you ;). Where are you based, how many are you at the moment and what format do you guys wanna play (speedball or woodsball)?

You will definitly be able to play in the IXL (irish xball league) if you have a team of at least 5men.
    Barrage Paintball will allow you guys to train for much cheaper than a normal paintball site (their website is www.barrage.ie) but definitly not free ;)
    Your best bet is to register on paintballer.ie and to introduce yourself and we'll do what we can to help.
    Transportation to barrage is easy with the bus and a little walk. For gear your best bet is to visit www.irishpaintballsupply.com or talk to eoin99 on paintballer.ie.
    if you have anymore questions let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭omri

Hey!

Thanks for some useful info. Most probably we will have 5 man team. Over the weekend I'll make an simulation to see what it would cost us. Then we just start from that point and see how many people we get. I want to get group of people who will not change their minds after one week. And money will be a good test to se whos up for it.

I'll know more next week so I'll give you some more details then.
    I'm in Dublin 15 other mates close to city center, so far.

My idea of paintball is rather woods as I've never tried speedball but it's still fun. So we shall see :)

there are no woodsball teams in ireland. Speedball is also much cheaper to play on a regular basis. If you and your mates wanna see so good speedball action you should head to barrage on the 17th april for the next ixl event. it'll be a good day!

If your playing speedball you're looking at a startup cost of 700-800each for a marker, hopper, HPA tank, pants, mask, gloves, jersey, pack and pods. paint will be 100e or under for a box of 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭omri

what would be cost of using the place for training, whats the monthly usage of paint per player ? to train do you need 2 teams for that ? and then pure play is it only during the league games or you meet every week and play together ?
    is there any basic marker that we should start with and not spend loadz of money for some pro gear ?

thanks for all help !!! really appreciate it!

You would have to ask barrage yourself but i'm sure it'll be well cheaper than what your used to ;). I'd say you'd get away with 50-100e a month training per player if you train every two weeks or so.
    When my team trains we sometimes do training with just ourselves and then other times we train with another team. My team trains 3 times a month and some of us gym a few times a week too, but we also play in the European League so we have to train harder ;)
    As for starter gear you can get playing gear from last season, it'll be cheaper and the only difference will be colouring ;), as for a marker you wanna get a decent one to start with, or else you'll find yourself upgrading in no time. you should be able to get a good marker for 200-500e new or you can get a second hand high end marker for around that too.
    I would recommend either an invert mini, proto matrixes, egos or eteks or the smart parts ion. would can get loads of info on paintball gear including reviews on www.pbreview.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement