Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scart Converters

Options
  • 28-03-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

Not to sure if this is in the right place, Feel free to move it mods.
    Sorry if this was asked before but searching the HE section for scart doesnt really work :p

Does anybody know where I would get a cheap DVI-scart or SVGA-scart adapter?
    I'm Trying to connect a pc to a Scart only input T.V.

Cheers all,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

You won't find a DVI-Scart adaptor anywhere as it would be trying to convert digital to analog.
    You can get scart adaptors which will take an svideo feed and convert it to scart.
    Just remember svideo only carries video so you would need to take the audio out of the pc and connect it to the same scart adaptor going into the TV.
    What you want looks something like this...

adaptador_s-video_scart.JPG

It's not going to give you great resolution just so you know!

What TV do you have? Model no etc? Does it not have a VGA in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Cheers for that industria,

I dont have the Tv yet,
    Picking it up tomorrow.
    http://adverts.ie/50539

From what I can see it only has Scart in..
    I'm not exactly loking for crystal clarity or anything. Just to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

Yeah no VGA unfortunately! Just make sure you use AV3 as only AV3 and (front input) AV4 support SVHS as far as I know.
    You can get on of the svhs/scart adaptors in the likes of peats/maplins.

Cheers

Industria

Advertisement