Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8gb ever on O2?

Options
  • 28-03-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, O2 currently stock the N95-1 classic (for a similar price to Vodafone's 8gb version).
    Anyone know if O2 have plans to carry the 8gb version? They do in the UK but an Irish rep told me they had no plans here. Rep stories often differ.
    Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

fisab wrote: »
    Hi, O2 currently stock the N95-1 classic (for a similar price to Vodafone's 8gb version).
    Anyone know if O2 have plans to carry the 8gb version? They do in the UK but an Irish rep told me they had no plans here. Rep stories often differ.
    Anyone have any info?

i am currently with vodafone with my job phone, and today we signed up to swap over O2. we are getting 7 N95 8GB's dilevered on monday morning, the O2 sales guy assured us it was the new 8GB version, so i will let you kno how we get on on monday when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Please do - many thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Brianb8802

I just upgraded over the phone yesterday and they said they don't supply the N95 8gb on upgrade. Not sure does what that means. But ended up going for the N95-1. Should be arriving on monday

Please do - many thanks for the input.

well totterdells arrived just 5 mins ago with 8 N95's......all the older version!
    so we refused them on the basis that we were misinformed:mad:

02 hasnt approved the 8GB version yet according to the totterdells guy, god damn O2 sales guys is a muppet:mad:

anyway, just thought i would update.

Thanks for the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

O2 (and possibly all irish operators) seem to be woefully slow at getting new phones on their network. I'm getting to the stage where i think i might just go to ebay to get the phone i want now (N82 or N95 8gb). You can already get the N82 for free with O2 uk :mad:

The manager in an O2 shop in Cork this morning told me that they received an email yesterday saying that they will be carrying the 8gb version very soon. No date of delivery yet.
    Wonder will they compete with Vodafone on price.

Any one have any better info?

The manager in an O2 shop in Cork this morning told me that they received an email yesterday saying that they will be carrying the 8gb version very soon. No date of delivery yet.
    Wonder will they compete with Vodafone on price.

Any one have any better info?

we were told 6 weeks on the 31st March

small update on this, but our O2 rep has assured us, the N95 8GB will be dieivered to us this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

kceire wrote: »
    small update on this, but our O2 rep has assured us, the N95 8GB will be dieivered to us this week.

They are on their webiste now for €169 very tempting, Three only operator not stocking at the moment!

• Advertisement

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    They are on their webiste now for €169 very tempting, Three only operator not stocking at the moment!

Phone is better value on website than in shops but shops have a double minutes for 6 months if you go direct debit - which is better than the 20% extra minutes if you order online.

Why cant it be easier ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Greek

They are giving 20% minutes & texts for 12 months plus double minutes for 6 months as retail shops. I just ordered it. Far better deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you should get the double mins if you sign up online too, just ring customer care and ask them to add them, as long as you're paying by DD shouldnt be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Greek

krudler wrote: »
    you should get the double mins if you sign up online too, just ring customer care and ask them to add them, as long as you're paying by DD shouldnt be a problem

Yes, when you choose your price plan you see what they give you online. Their online offers are far better than retail!

Greek wrote: »
    Yes, when you choose your price plan you see what they give you online. Their online offers are far better than retail!

I would have thought so too - but the online site says that the double minutes offer expired on 31st March - shame to have to rely on customer care after the purchase to put it onto your account.

In any case for me, I'm a light user so doubling the active time 250 (€50/mth) per month is meaningless.

I'm much more comfortable with the activetime 150 (€35/mth) but the phone ramps up heavy in price - and at that tarrif the shops seem better - (seem to give a €50 discount for switching from speakeasy bringing it to €309, its €329 online).

Advertisement