Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare entitlement

Options
  • 28-03-2008 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭

I'm unemployed the last 2 and a half months and am seeking work at the moment.

I'm currently living with my sister who is also on the dole. I'm 18 this saturday and just wondering how much of the dole i would be entitled to, If any?

And if i start a fas course will i still be able to claim dole? As it says on their site that if your social welfare payments exceed the allowance fas pay you then they will reduce their allowance to the same amount. So i got the idea that you can still claim while doing a fas course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

You can not do a FAS course and get Jobseekers payment. Disability, Lone parents is different. You might be entitled to a jobseekers payment possibly full rate because your not living with your parents but you have to be out of formall education for over 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Well im out of education for the last 3 years nearly so that shouldn't be a problem..

Thanks

Advertisement