Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD, 42" Sanyo Full HD LCD €849

Options
  • 28-03-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

As the title says Link
    Sanyo 42 inch Full HD widescreen television « back
    Brand: Sanyo
    Type: 42FHW07
    Full HD
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 WXGA
    Double tuner
    Picture in Picture
    Viewing angle: 178° / 178°
    Contrast : 10.000:1
    Capacity: 2 x 8 Watt
    Format: 16:9
    Light strength : 500 cd/m2
    Reaction time : 8 ms
    PC connection
    2 x HDMI in
    Y/Pb/Pr components
    TOP teletext with memory for 1000 pages
    Digital comb filter
    Automatic volume control and volume control for headphones
    Multilingual OSD (menu on the screen)
    Hotel mode
    Dimensions in mm (H x B x D): 698 x 1036 x 125 without foot
    Weight: 28 kg
    Mouting Panels and foot are included
    Warranty: 2 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Good price ,but the thing is awful looking:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Agreed. Not as good looking as the Hitachi one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It is tempting for a full HD set. Especially when the delivery cost is so low.

I can't say I'm overly enamored by the Sanyo brand though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I could just about afford this.

It hasnt sold out yet which some times is a bad sign of the product.

time to get some reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

They sold this exact same one a few months ago. Did anyone go for it then?

It's a model that was only ever wheeled out in Portugal, so if you want to read the reviews on it, your Portuguese better be pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I use a sanyo 32 and the hd picture quality is superb.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

rgunning wrote: »
    They sold this exact same one a few months ago. Did anyone go for it then?

It's a model that was only ever wheeled out in Portugal, so if you want to read the reviews on it, your Portuguese better be pretty good.

Are you sure, i pretty much keep an eye on iBood all the time and i didnt notice a full HD TV before, they always have 'HD ready' and stuff but i didnt notice this one before?

anyway, i was gonna ask does anyone know does this TV come with scart connections, but i guess unless we have some portugese members i'm outta luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

if someone can find a review of this it would be great. Really thinking of getting it.
    Why are people saying it looks like crap... at first glance, it looks pretty good to me. ??
    Is there an equivalent model for the UK market? Normally with these models that are only sold in countries like poland/portugal etc etc... there is a almost identical model been sold in the other countries... any ideas?

PS: to the person worried about not been sold out.. the bigger items are rarely sold out early, no matter how good they are. The things that are sold out quickly are the small electronics like ipods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

jimbling wrote: »
    the bigger items are rarely sold out early, no matter how good they are. The things that are sold out quickly are the small electronics like ipods etc.

At the risk of going off on a tangent, i am convinced that there are times when iBood simply dont have a product for the day, so rather than putting up a notice saying 'we suck' instead they place something like an ipod at an insanely low price and mark it as sold out immediately, that way everyone who looks during the day think they missed out on something execllent and that ibood are amazing.

so for that reason, i wouldnt be overly worried about this TV not being sold out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

If you find a review in Portuguese, you can use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate. Its not great but better than nothing.

Thats the site I use, there may be better ones.

• Advertisement

Puteq wrote: »
    At the risk of going off on a tangent, i am convinced that there are times when iBood simply dont have a product for the day, so rather than putting up a notice saying 'we suck' instead they place something like an ipod at an insanely low price and mark it as sold out immediately, that way everyone who looks during the day think they missed out on something execllent and that ibood are amazing.

so for that reason, i wouldnt be overly worried about this TV not being sold out either.

lol, I really doubt that is the case. I check ibood every night before going to bed. It gets released at 11pm gmt. I have seen all the ipod ones and they were all available when I check at night, only to be gone in the morning when I get up.
    Think you're suffering from a bit of paranoia there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

iPods usually get snapped up in about 10 minutes of going up on the site.

They're never really that much cheaper either.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

These no.s don't look very good:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nice features, horrible styling. If I was after a 1080p telly I'd spend a few extra quid to get one that looked the part...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

this was the only bit of a review i could find for a sanyo 42" full hd, looks like the same tv but model numbers different
    "below par" (2 out of 5 stars)

"When you consider what the best of the competition can offer, in many cases for less, then Sanyo needs to seriously rethink either its technology or its pricing structure. As it is, this comes across as a pretty mediocre product."
    What HiFi sound and vision, Issue 11/2007

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

bbbbb wrote: »
    These no.s don't look very good:

They aren't great, but I wouldn't say they're particularly bad either.

decided against buying it in the end anyway. gl to anyone who did.

Advertisement