Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Indoor market in Carrick on Shannon

Options
  • 27-03-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been there? I just wondered what it was like and what kind of things are for sale.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I've been a couple of times. There is a plant stall (quite reasonably priced), a stall selling paintings, a stall selling expensive organic/farm shop stuff. One euro for a sausage anyone? Brick a brac maqerading as antiques. Rubbishy gift sets - hand cream, perfume etc. Toilet rolls availabe for bulk buy! Tacky Oirish stuff (it was coming up to Paddy's Day!). Stuff made from beeswax/honey etc. Horsey stuff. Really rubbishy framed photographs of celebrities/film stars. Two book stalls - one expensive, one not, but they don't vary their stock from week to week.

It's worth a look but you wouldn't go every week. If you coupled it with the car boot sale in Carrick which is on every fortnight..? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks genie,
    I might have a look at it when I'm at the boot sale. Its a shame Carrick and Castlebar sales clash this Sunday.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Thanks genie,
    I might have a look at it when I'm at the boot sale. Its a shame Carrick and Castlebar sales clash this Sunday.

I know it's off topic but what kind of market is there in Castlebar?

Its not a market, its a big car boot sale at the end of each month. I haven't been there for a good while now, but I want to go to Argos and Heatons, so I'm going on Sunday....hope it stays dry now:D

Oh I see! Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

genie wrote: »
    I've been a couple of times. There is a plant stall (quite reasonably priced), a stall selling paintings, a stall selling expensive organic/farm shop stuff. One euro for a sausage anyone? Brick a brac maqerading as antiques. Rubbishy gift sets - hand cream, perfume etc. Toilet rolls availabe for bulk buy! Tacky Oirish stuff (it was coming up to Paddy's Day!). Stuff made from beeswax/honey etc. Horsey stuff. Really rubbishy framed photographs of celebrities/film stars. Two book stalls - one expensive, one not, but they don't vary their stock from week to week.

It's worth a look but you wouldn't go every week. If you coupled it with the car boot sale in Carrick which is on every fortnight..? :)

you proberbly know this now but just in case, that car bootsale in carrick is every sunday now or maybe its switched back it used to be on the last sunday of every month but as far as i know its now every sunday

I finally got a look at the market in Carrick on Sunday, it was good. Great that the car boot sale is on every Sunday now.

Advertisement