Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suffering (and looking like you're suffering)for fashion's sake

Options
  • 27-03-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Just a thought - how much will women suffer for fashion's sake?

Whatever about suffering along in bare legs and painfully high heels on a night out, for daywear I didn't think the weather was in it just yet...
    I was walking round town today and the sheer amount of girls out in teeny tiny miniskirts/dresses - without tights, but that lovely blue mottled corpse look...plus short capped sleeves, with arms a lovely purple shade also, and they were visibly shivering.

Has the weather picked up that much recently that it's time to start breaking out the spaghetti strap tops and minis with bare legs already? I'm still in knee high boots and coats, as I was under the impression it was still a bit nippy out, and the dreaded string top with lobster-tan-lines look was still at least a month away.

Have any of the laydees here changed over to summer-wardrobe yet? Are ye not freezing? What is so wrong with sticking on a pair of tights under minis or throwing a cardi or coat on over the dress for the moment until that one week in high summer when it's actually warm enough to wear such outfits comfortably?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

i haven't changed over to a summer wardrobe yet! it's still FREEZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Funny you mentioned this OP. Was up in NUIG yesterdat to get some books..I graduated 5 years ago, but Im back as a part timer (just needed to clarify, I dont wander around unis) and I couldnt believe the fashion..firstly, the weather was wet and soggy, but the amount of girls wearing those pump shoes?? I dont mind wearing them, but in the rain? And yes, the cap sleeve tshirts..as I sat staring out the window at the rain, I know in my day (all of 5/6 years ago!) we suffered the wrath of wet leg ends of jeans, and soggy trainers, and the hair, well hairstyles didnt really exist because you would get soaked. I honestly dont know how girls these days were slip on shoes in this weather, and tiny jackerts and what not..it's Ireland, Its wet and its cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

The amount of girls wondering around Dundrum and town in tiny hot pants and flip flops the last week or two is a bit scary. Apart from the fact that their legs consist of mearly skin and bone, the fake tan mixed with cold does not lend fabourably to the wearer.
    I think people have just gone crazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

well i for one am still in my jeans, UGG's and polo necks... Love them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I was in Fairyhouse over the weekend and the amount of girls going around in their finery, so cold they were blue and very unattractive looking but the worse and i think looks awful, were the girls in the high heel shoe where were crippled and were hobbling around.

come on, is life not hard enough without putting yourself through that kinda of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Part of being stylish is dressing appropriately to your surroundings imho but it seems that many people start wearing spring/summer clothes as soon as they hit the shops instead of waiting for the weather to improve. Argh! Use some common sense and if you really can't wait for the weather, try, at least, to adapt your spring clothes to the cold by the use of ingenious contraptions like coats and tights! This should be a Leaving Cert course or something! :-p

Advertisement