Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone contacts problem

Options
  • 27-03-2008 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

If its an unlocked iPhone, download AppSupport Patch from installer.

Regan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Hey mali hypnotoad here. You need to change your contacts to +353 format from what I'm reading. There was something about setting it to international with a 3rd party app. You buy yours on o2 or from states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

NiSmO wrote: »

Setting all your numbers to the international format (+353 etc) will fix this. I've noticed that the iPhone formats the phone numbers wrong, by putting in brackets and spaces. To fix this, I switched the region format to the UK one and it doesn't format the numbers anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

hi
    i am also experiencing the same prob.
    how do i switch to the UK setings ? mine is from the states.

the only way i can get this to work is by having both 086 and +35386 saved in the contact

EDIT: also my international region setting is already set to Ireland

i tried to install the Appsupport Patch, but it tells me that i need to install
    "BSD Subsystems"

i go and try install that - but that is telling me i need to install "BSD Subsystems" too - even tho that's what I am trying to install.

any ideas ?

i'm getting a range of errors including : "main script execution failed"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

derv wrote: »
    i tried to install the Appsupport Patch, but it tells me that i need to install
    "BSD Subsystems"

i go and try install that - but that is telling me i need to install "BSD Subsystems" too - even tho that's what I am trying to install.

any ideas ?

i'm getting a range of errors including : "main script execution failed"

Install community sources first if that does not install then reinstall the installer then community sources then BSD

Make sure you clear the queue before you do anything

NiSmO wrote: »

Appsupport that matches your firmware version 1.1.2/3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I just saved my numbers as 087 and +35387. Bit of a pain but hey! Also, speaking of contacts, does anyone know how to display contacts on the home screen in version 1.1.4? I know there's a contact/homescreen app in the installer but it says version 1.1.2. Will that work anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Moofy

My iphone is from 02 so its locked.
    Sorry for being a bit stupid but how do I get the contacts name to appear when I get a phonecall/text rather than the number which shows up with the +353.
    I assume I am on the latest firmware .

Moofy wrote: »
    Sorry for being a bit stupid but how do I get the contacts name to appear when I get a phonecall/text rather than the number which shows up with the +353.
    The easiest way is just to change all the numbers from the 08* format to the +3538* format manually. A bit of pain but it does save you trouble when you're roaming.

• Advertisement

i got it working , happy days.

i installed the the community one first , then appsupport.

jailbreak it

cdebru wrote: »
    jailbreak it

No way am I doing that!
    Anyone else managed to fix it on a locked iphone?

mobius42 wrote: »
    The easiest way is just to change all the numbers from the 08* format to the +3538* format manually. A bit of pain but it does save you trouble when you're roaming.

They are already in that format. The problem may be the brackets and spaces.
    How do I check what format I am using , some of you mentioned UK settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

No way am I doing that!

don't be so afraid to Jailbreak.

There are 3 activities that you can do to improve iPhone functionality:
    1. Activate it without following normal procedure
    2. Unlock it to allow use of any network sim
    3. Jailbreak it to allow installation of extra software & apps like games etc.

The first two are slightly more complicated (but not hard really)

Jailbreak is easy. Just get the Ziphone software and follow brief instructions. Hey presto you have access to install loads of apps:
    games
    MMS functionality
    Better camera software
    E-mail pictures capability
    Loads more

Oh yea, if you have reason to return the iPhone there is a functionnto restore it back to it's original state.

No way am I doing that!

why not the phone is very limited unless you jailbreak it

Dont listen to this guy his advice is ok (except activating and unlocking are not complicated)up to the point he suggests using ziphone if you decide to jailbreak it use iliberty+

don't be so afraid to Jailbreak.

There are 3 activities that you can do to improve iPhone functionality:
    1. Activate it without following normal procedure
    2. Unlock it to allow use of any network sim
    3. Jailbreak it to allow installation of extra software & apps like games etc.

The first two are slightly more complicated (but not hard really)

Jailbreak is easy. Just get the Ziphone software and follow brief instructions. Hey presto you have access to install loads of apps:
    games
    MMS functionality
    Better camera software
    E-mail pictures capability
    Loads more

Oh yea, if you have reason to return the iPhone there is a functionnto restore it back to it's original state.

They are already in that format. The problem may be the brackets and spaces.
    How do I check what format I am using , some of you mentioned UK settings?

Go to Settings > General > International > Region Format

Do you have the two number formats for everyone or just the +353 ones? If you have both, I'd get rid of the 08* ones.

mobius42 wrote: »
    Go to Settings > General > International > Region Format

Do you have the two number formats for everyone or just the +353 ones? If you have both, I'd get rid of the 08* ones.

Thanks for telling me:)
    So do I change the region or leave it alone?
    The numbers seem to be in both formats, tbh they are all messed up as it has taken them from my mac.
    So do I change them on the mac and sync them again or just change them on the phone?

Thanks for telling me:)
    So do I change the region or leave it alone?
    The numbers seem to be in both formats, tbh they are all messed up as it has taken them from my mac.
    So do I change them on the mac and sync them again or just change them on the phone?

Change it to United Kingdom to get rid of the spaces and brackets. You can just change them on the mac and then sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I have an O2 locked iPhone.
    I have all my numbers in the +35386xxxxxxx format.
    It's fine when i'm in Ireland but as soon as i got up North or abroad all i see are people's numbers coming up as 0035386xxxxxxx.. pain in the rear!
    It is jailbreaked, there used to be an App called iWorld.... is this still around? Will it fix this problem?

nikimere wrote: »
    I have an O2 locked iPhone.
    I have all my numbers in the +35386xxxxxxx format.
    It's fine when i'm in Ireland but as soon as i got up North or abroad all i see are people's numbers coming up as 0035386xxxxxxx.. pain in the rear!
    It is jailbreaked, there used to be an App called iWorld.... is this still around? Will it fix this problem?

Appsupport 1.1.4 presuming you are on 1.1.4

Advertisement