Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Drogheda

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

Could people let me know which Nightclubs are good and also the ones to avoid in Drogheda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Earth - recently done up, brings in the stylish type of a crowd i'd say, slightly more mature crowd, nice enough spot and its the place i usually go but it can be jammed on a busy night and impossible to get drinks also plays terrible music

Storm - older crowd is known to go here, much more mature, i've never been in it so cant comment much more

Fusion - also recently renovated, nice enough spot, attracts a much younger crowd, 17 - 19 mainly, it too can be too jammed, haven't been in it much but its supposed to be great craic when its not too jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Avoid storm!! Its very small and not for the claustophobic!

Earth is a great spot! Chart hits! Great smoking area!

Fusion used to be a bit of a dump! Recently had a major overhaul! Great spot! Two niteclubs! One for all ur chart and dance hits, the other more alternative style of music! Guaranteed a great night in both!

As for age groups, Wouldnt say fusion is jus full of young people!its hit and miss in both! Depends on what night you go really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fusion is way to big and very hard to get a drink there is not enough bars for the size of it, it is also full of scumbags you will get the see plenty of fights. once you lose your mates in fusion it is way too hard to find then again.

storm is for over 40s really, its good if ya want to just sit at the bar and get upside down drunk.

earth is great spot with a decent crowd in it and very easy to get a drink, lovely beer garden and nice champagne bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

isnt the star and cresent still open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

Fusion - Used to be the best place to go. Was deadly but the new revamp has ruined it

Earth - Got a lick of paint but still full of the same arseho8es and posers who have been going for the last 15 years

Storm - Hell hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

18-24 fusion
    25+ earth
    40+ storm

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Spyral wrote: »
    isnt the star and cresent still open ?

Dump of the highest order!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

Fusions the place to be on Saturday night, go to Earth on Fridays much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mel(",) wrote: »
    18-24 fusion
    25+ earth
    40+ storm

Earth 25+ ?? i was there a few weeks ago for the 1st time in years,
    used to to be 25+, id nearly say 15+ at this stage i saw a couple
    of girls who live near my parents one 15 the other 17. Its definately
    a younger crowd that last time i was there not as young and rough
    as the fusion crowd though it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

event wrote: »
    Fusion - Used to be the best place to go. Was deadly but the new revamp has ruined it

Fusion used to be a total run down kip full of kids, how was it the best place to go!?

agree with your point on the posers in earth though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

draffodx wrote: »
    Fusion used to be a total run down kip full of kids, how was it the best place to go!?

cos you could get in with a pair of runners and a grubby tshirt if needed.
    cos no one gave a **** in the place.
    cos they would play whatever music they wanted, not just the newest R+B and dance stuff
    cos there was **** all hassle in it

Advertisement