Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Bras

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I know its a problem guys seem to consider a blessing but I've got pretty big boobs (36E) and a love for nice underware.
    The problem is I can never seem to find really nice stuff in big sizes. Either the style is changed and they dont look cute, or the padding or whatever is removed and rather than looking sexy they just look granny like.

Does anyone know of anywhere that does really nice larger bras.
    I'm kinda looking for a young trendy type, and one that still gives them a nice shape rather than pin them down :p I've tried all the usual places, and am running out of ideas.

(I'm an Agent P. addict so price doesnt really matter)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Freya... all their stuff is colourful & for the larger lady.. Can be got in Debenhams or online.. google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

or try www.bravissimo.com they do Freya among others, based in England but I've got stuff from them in the past

a good time to buy with sterling being so weak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Im with you there OP, nothing frustrates me more than a bra that looks lovely and sexy in shape and form in the smaller sizes, then morphs into a massive sand bag hammock once you go past DD >:(

I find Gossard bras are functional and look good in sizes larger than DD, especially their 'superboost' range, they give super shape and look great on both in and out of clothes.

As for bedroom antics... I bought some bras in 32E from ann summers a while back (took me a while to find something sexy that wasn't slappery but they have a few bits) the were very cute on but not at all practical - it wasn't long before they hit the bedroom floor so the comfort element didn't really matter :)

I find Freya stuff a bit generously cut, manufacturers unfortunatly take the line that big boobs need tonnes of material... Im forever searching *Sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Thanks for you help guys :)

Ill check 'em out and let you know how I get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

A lot of the La Senza ones go up to a FF now without the doomed granny effect! Sometimes Marks and Sparks get nice ones in but the support isnt great! Oh how I wish I was back down to an E cup!

• Advertisement

La Senza are deamons for changing the shape of their bras for targer sizes. they also use way too much wire, I used to wear their stuff all the time (back when I was a simple D) but alas, boobs grow and the tourment goes on lol!!

did you have an opp or just get bigger?
    (sorry it might be a personal question)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭i_hate_rain

Im a 34/36G and havent found a decent bra since i was an F cup at 17.im now 20.
    I've tried everywhere, i've been to terrible fitters -m&s were the worst, they shoved me into terrible fitting bras ( 38FF the back rode up past my shoulder blades ) then marched me to the checkout i was too mortified not to buy them.

I plan on getting a reduction so i just need something well structured and youngish till then.i usually buy them online but its hard when the sizing is diff from bra to bra and i spend a fortune on returns:(

i got a few off bravissimo and only one was good quality(panache i think)
    i like oxendales because you dont have to pay till you've decided whether to keep it or not-(stay away from littlewoods the bras are nothing like whats shown)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I would highly recommend Peaches & Cream who are located in the Royal Hibernian Way, just off Grafton St.

I went into them on a whim one evening on my way home from work and they couldn't have been nicer. They have a big range of larger sized bras and are quite happy to order stuff in for you. They also were excellent fitters and picked out for me the perfect bra.

I'm bordering on 36/38 and a E/F. They gave me a plain black bra (by Fantasia I think - wearing it at the moment so can't really check!) which I thought was a bit boring until I put my giant wooly jumper on again - amazingly I had super cleavage through the jumper!

They also had some really pretty bras but I went for the plain black comfortable one as I knew I would get good wear out of it but I couldn't afford to get 2 (it was 60 Euro for the one I did get) Excellent value though as I wear it as often as possible.

It fits comfortably and is probably the first bra in a long, long time that I don't constantly have to readjust during the day because bits are digging into me. I also don't feel I have to rip it off the minute I get home the way I used to as it was just so umcomfortable.

Also for an online (or Mayo) option check out Bella Lusso (http://www.bellalusso.com/) They stock a lovely range of bigger sizes and they are based in Ireland.

I think M&S are woeful for measuring, I used to work in another lingerie shop and the amount of people who would come in saying that they had been measured as completely the wrong size by them was huge. They never seem to take into consideration that even if the woman being measured has a large back size, if she also has a large cup size that should be taken into account. For example: I measure about 40 on my back size but I can fit into a 36 because I have F cups. I am not a 40 F that is too big a bra for me to wear.

I could rant all day about women wearing the wrong bra sizes and how to check you have a proper fitting bra but I won't. Not today anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

or try www.bravissimo.com they do Freya among others, based in England but I've got stuff from them in the past

a good time to buy with sterling being so weak

Big +1 for Bravissimo. They're excellent and the bras come beautifully packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Loaded1973

I'm a larger lady, 40E, and went to Intimate Lingerie on tara street a couple of weeks ago for some bridal underwear. I normally hate bra shopping and dread the fittings, but this place was great. It's by appointment and the lady spent 45 mins with me and wouldn't let me out with out the "perfect fit"!
    Of course there was the functional bra (i always say they're engineered not designed)but she also had some "nice" stuff too and swimwear with underwire. Anyway I'll be walking down the aisle in 6 weeks with comfortable and sexy undies, something I thought wouldn't be possible.
    Here's a link www.intimate-linger.ie
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

shazpunk wrote: »
    did you have an opp or just get bigger?
    (sorry it might be a personal question)

Lol, im just gentically blessed as my friends put it! Down to a 38F/36FF now but can see them getting bigger when I go back on the Pill, oh the joys!

People just dont get the stress of it save our socks do they lol!
    blesses my a**.

I've seen some lovely stuff on the websited you'v all mentioned, I'm just a little worried about different sizes with different brands.

I'll try a few of the stores too, Im sick of having to change my bra twice or three times a day cos they get so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hi there Shazpunk

Check out figleaves.ie. They do stock your size. I'm just after checking out your size and found this
    http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=MC-E72564&mci=&size=36e&colour=&image=r550581-p550669-style# I couldn't help but put up this link. I think it is really pretty. But they don't do it in my size :( Ellemacphearson intimates do some really gorgeous stuff and do it in your size! Have fun shopping.

I know that guys don't see big boobs as a problem but imagine if they had their most intimate bits stuffed into a two sizes too small 'packaging' for 12+ hours a day. There would be a national emergency!!!!

hehe I actually had my eye on that one!! We have similar taste :p

the difference is men wanna see boobs weather they're squashed into tops or not...
    I dont think any of us would wanna see a guy's thang bulging out of too tight pants...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

shazpunk wrote: »
    I dont think any of us would wanna see a guy's thang bulging out of too tight pants...lol

No......??????

JOKING :) There is supposed to be a good lingerie shop on Earlsfort Terrace too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭LouLou1

I'd have the same concern as youself OP...
    What I did was go into Arnottts and get measured (free) tell them you want a t-shrit bra, dressy bra..... what ever... bras that will minimise your chest, they will do all the work and bring you in undies that will suit your figure, great place, was just in there myself this morning.... :):)

Advertisement