Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 1 Year Domain Name & Web Hosting for Students from Digiweb.ie

Options
  • 27-03-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Well I've leeched enough from this website and now it's about time I contributed!

Digiweb.ie are offering a free domain name and a years free hosting for 3rd level students. They are a well established company with decent reviews. (I don't work for them) I even hear rumours that boards.ie might be hosted by them!

Admittedly I have not yet availed of this offer myself.

Total Value= €56.83

Check out the link below:

http://www.digiweb.ie/studentoffer/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hmmm. I signed up for it last year and it hasn't expired yet... wonder can I sign up again for a different domain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moyne

ooh, very interesting... definitely have to give this a go.
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Gauge wrote: »
    Hmmm. I signed up for it last year and it hasn't expired yet... wonder can I sign up again for a different domain?

yea what do you reckon? doubt they'd let me extend my old one anyway..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I signed up for this 2 days ago, got the email verification and replied to it but haven't heard anything since...

Has anybody else got their account details?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Thanks, must try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hmm wonder if I can leech another year from them?

Anyone got their account details yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

TPD wrote: »
    Anyone got their account details yet?

No :(

jmccrohan wrote: »
    No :(

They might have to verify every application with each college I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i got this last year also. Still active. Up around April I believe. Great offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

TPD wrote: »
    They might have to verify every application with each college I suppose.
    Isn't the college branded email address the verification system they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I applied today for this deal and got this reply after a few hours:

http://www.digiweb.ie/studentoffer/email_confirmed.html

Assume they operate M-F business hours so fingers crossed....

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I applied today for this deal and got this reply after a few hours:

http://www.digiweb.ie/studentoffer/email_confirmed.html

Assume they operate M-F business hours so fingers crossed....

I got that too... No sign of the second email tho :mad:

I lashed off an email to digiweb at 15:50 complaining I had got no further correspondence from them...

Got my account details at 16:35 :D

Nice one OP, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I lashed off an email to digiweb at 15:50 complaining I had got no further correspondence from them...

Got my account details at 16:35 :D

Nice one OP, thanks.

Good to hear. Just checked my email and my account was set up at 17:04 PM.

Think you might have motivated them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

I got mine fairly quickly, i applied yesterday and got the second email today, i did apply after 5 though so you can understand why it wasnt sorted until today. 2gb's of space and a .net address aint shabby for sweet **** all :D thanks to the OP :)

Anyone who already has an account from last year try to re-apply for a new one yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i've got a coup;e of websites here http://www.110mb.com if you want an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

To all the people who signed up around this time last year this should be some good news :Dhttp://hosting.digiweb.ie/news/

Oh yeah I should mention that as the applications are being processed manually to make sure no naughty spammers sign up all the applications get done in batches so if you do not hear a response after you verify your e-mail account give it a few days and you should receive your login details as your batch is processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

For all the students who signed up last year we have great news! We shall be renewing your domain and package for another year free of charge!

How do they if you're still a student this year? Surely some people would have been in final year.

And tbh, I think I set up wordpress and that was it, haven't used it at all, might get around to it this year though.

EDIT: Yep, I should really update things a bit.

• Advertisement

Woohoo! :) I really like my domain name, won't have to worry about losing it now.

Got mine too. Must get designing a site now...

Advertisement