Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat is missing... Anyone seen him? Loughrea/Gurtymadden

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

My pet cat has been missing since Saturday evening 22nd March. :(
    Male, called Fudge, only 9 months old but a very large cat. He never normally roams off, no sign of him on any local roads either. Mostly white, with some patches of brown tones. Has very long fluffy fur & a wide bushy dark tail.... Gurtymadden/Loughrea area, family devastated.
    photo attached.... Anyone seen him?
    Thanks . . .

Comments

I have a tom cat of a similar age and he disappeared for 10 days recently.
    So keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bhaneasa

Hi Moonbaby, Did he come home?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

have you put up thread on pets ireland, it could help.

Also my last cat a neutered male went missing for 2 months once but came home so dont give up hope. People thought he might have been looking for me as i had to leave him behind with my family to go work in another county.

bhaneasa wrote: »
    Hi Moonbaby, Did he come home?

Sorry I should have worded that better.
    He came back after 10 days.

I never knew about pets ireland, cheers!

• Advertisement

10 days, what do they be doing when they're gone? It's heartbreaking when you don't know where they are or if they're coming back...

I think it is just a natural urge the bucks get.
    One of my lady cats, was lost for days before. Because she went walking through the fields and they got too muddy.
    She sat down and waited for someone to rescue her, rather than get her paws mucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

One of mine was gone for four weeks (he went walkabout, got lost, someone took him in, they felt guilty so put an ad on the PetsIreland site, so we were able to bring him back home)

Another one was gone for two weeks - no idea where - but he arrived back under his own steam, slightly hungry but none the worse for it.

Hope you find yours, Bhaneasa. An ad on the local Garda station's notice board, on lamposts and outside the local shops/garage would help. Cats don't really go that far.

Happ to be writing here that I got him back yesterday after being missing 10 days. A neighbour found him way up in their field. He had gotten trapped under a pallet and some entangled wire. He's lost a lot of weight and has lots of cuts and bruises, but he's ok.... :o :cool: :o

Woot!!!! I'm delighted to hear that! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Thats great news! Lovely looking cat. :)

Advertisement