Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Aiken barracks Dundalk??

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Anyone know? seems to be a big mystery..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Beside the Quay on the North/East Side of the town.

Mystery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Isn't it on Barrack Street? Kind of gives it away really :D What's the mystery? It's hard to miss the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No, KBarry, it's on the Point Road - around the corner from Coes Road - as shown by the map that the lovely testicle pointed to above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

The shop up the road from it has a lovely deli :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Company Sgt

is the barracks far from the town ie near train station and bus station

It is a good walk to be honest not sure how far but i would not walk it.

miceal wrote: »
    It is a good walk to be honest not sure how far but i would not walk it.

ah grand cheers have to use the car then !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd say the guts of an hour to walk that.

ah feck that im going there for training have the car but thought about train or bus seems outta question now Thanks

• Advertisement

Tramp of a place to drive to being honest i would recommend going down Coes road if your not local and taking the left at the bottom of that road and then it is on your left.

Other than that your going to have to go up to the lights turn left, then right and meet the lights again. Cross the road you got off keep left and drive down the road. i drew a map look at it (the red way is the way i hate when i am going to Spar to get my roll)

I recommend taking the green route!

If you are coming from Dublin, Take Dundalk south exit, Pass the Crown Plaza (ya can't miss it 13 stories) Then straight through two round abouts and the map picks it up from the second round about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd say the guts of an hour to walk that.

Gee you must walk slow! Its about 2 miles max (1 mile from the General Post Office). Half hour max of a walk. A taxi from the railway station will not break the bank.

miceal wrote: »
    Tramp of a place to drive to being honest i would recommend going down Coes road if your not local and taking the left at the bottom of that road and then it is on your left.

Other than that your going to have to go up to the lights turn left, then right and meet the lights again. Cross the road you got off keep left and drive down the road. i drew a map look at it (the red way is the way i hate when i am going to Spar to get my roll)

I recommend taking the green route!

If you are coming from Dublin, Take Dundalk south exit, Pass the Crown Plaza (ya can't miss it 13 stories) Then straight through two round abouts and the map picks it up from the second round about
    excellent stuff thanks ah will check it out first

Advertisement