Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trauma doc

Options
  • 26-03-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Has any ambo personnel seen the programme on tv where a trauma consultant is on call for the ambo service in Hampshire. He has a police driver to assist and is called upon by 999 service.

To me, it seems a great idea !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Yes with Dr. Rob Dawes.

Great show, hes an anesthetist i think so his extra skill set are vital in trauma situations, but also he responds to calls that to neccessitate an ambulance aswell.

So he has two vital roles, freeing up ambulances and using the extra skills to increase chances of survival.

As far as I'm aware its all a charity, himself and his driver do it on their free time and equip is got via fund raising etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Its not uncommon to see Doctors running on blues (sometimes greens) to emergency calls in London. The trauma docs generally run around in Subaru Imprezas on blues with 'DOCTOR' written on the emergency markings on the vehicle.

They'ed by the HEMS docs yea metman also operate the chopper, have cars for when the chopper isnt available.

Some GP's here have marked cars with greens, dont think they're linked to HSE emergency dispactch like HEMS and BASICS are in the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Ive seen the 24doc using a marked car but never with a light, i dont think his insurance would be too happy about it.

D-doc in my area has greens, will try get a pick as its outside the health centre most nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

There are some docs doing it already here. ( no scoobys though!). One was badly injured in a roll over recently.

Advertisement