Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[minor] Quick reply box can't be collapsed in Firefox

Options
  • 26-03-2008 7:30pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In every version of Firefox up to and including 3.0beta4, the quick reply box is missing the "collapse" or "shrink" button it has in Internet Explorer. This seems to be true on both Linux and Windows.

It would be nice...

(Partial screenshot attached.)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I never even knew it had a collapse button.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

oscarBravo wrote: »
    In every version of Firefox up to and including 3.0beta4, the quick reply box is missing the "collapse" or "shrink" button it has in Internet Explorer. This seems to be true on both Linux and Windows.

It would be nice...

(Partial screenshot attached.)
    *scratches head*

I'm using Firefox 3 Beta 4 and Firefox 2 latest release and I can see the collapse button, on two different computers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Collapses fine for me in Firefox 3 Beta 4...

Nick

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Weird. Truly weird. I've attached screenshots of both FF2 on Windows and FF3 on Linux, and they're both doing the same thing. I'd suspect it's something to do with my user profile, except it works in IE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I see it on opera but I don't have it on firefox 3 beta 4 both on windows xp and using the cloud skin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I have it on Ubuntu 8.04 using FF3 beta 4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement