Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom 520 vs 720 vs 920

Options
  • 26-03-2008 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

How's one better than another?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Or are they all the same, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

The 720 & 920 include Western Europe maps, the 520 has regional maps, the 920 also includes central & eastern Europe plus US and Canada.
    The 920 has an additional traffic receiver included, not sure exactly what the benefit is.
    I've been using a 720 for the past month and find it very good. If you access the Tomtom.com site there's an option to compare products.

Ah, so - thanks. But I can get European maps on a chip for the 520, in the unlikely case that I need them, can't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'm sure you can but they appear to be included with the 720/920. You'd possibley end up paying more for the European maps later on should you need them.

Mm. Got a pressie of the 520 (will now be selling my Garmin Nuvi), and was wondering whether to upgrade, but I've decided not to, just to enjoy what I'm given :)

• Advertisement

I started using the TomTom Go 520 yesterday and it's *so* much better than the Garmin! I love it!

Only thing - I haven't succeeded in getting it to talk to my phone on Bluetooth yet, which would be great, and save me getting arrested. I know Bluetooth works on the phone - I use it to send photos to my Mac all the time - so I'm a bit baffled, but I'll ring TomTom help tomorrow.

Turns out the TomTom doesn't work with my phone! Drat it! Now I'll have to look for a secondhand phone that does work with it.

Advertisement