Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview hair style

Options
  • 26-03-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what way do you think you should wear hair for an interview .. my hair is half way down my back so it is pretty long with lots of layers ... ive recently cut a fringe into it so its cute, i love wearing it down but do you think up is more appropriate ??!
    Just interested on your opinions?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If it was me i'd tie it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

I used to interview on average 6-10 people a day and appearance is the first thing an interviewer notices.Imo a neat appearance is the most important thing-clean hair,smartly dressed,clean shoes etc.As long as your hair is clean,well groomed and not all over the place then wear it down.Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

for my last interview i curled my hair not mad ringlets but nice loose flowy curls. my hair is the same as yours, fringe, half way down my back. they actually made a point to tell me i looked very well, before and after. the other interviewers all had their hair tied back or dead straight so maybe it helped me stand out! at least i hope so i'l tell ya in another week when i find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Aww thanks guys, i'm so nervous about this one! I'll wear it down dead straight, it's tidy anyway, do you think you should stick to your safe black suit! Ive a lovely fitted creme pants and would love to wear it, but everyone says stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wouldn't match black with cream tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

If you're really nervous stick with the safe option. You want to at least feel confadent in what you're wearing. The last thing you need added to an interview you're really nervous about is doubt and worry about your outfit. It would be obvious in your body language and thats not good :p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Would agree with playing it safe. Stick to the black suit if the cream pants don't have a matching jacket, and TBH I'd be up in a heap going to the interview wearing a light suit in case I managed to get a stain on it (especially with the unpredictable weather - a quick rainshower and the back of your pants towards the ends could be spattered as you walk, as I've discovered with a similarly light coloured suit I have).

as for the hair - mine is the same - long, dead straight, fringe, halfway down my back. I rarely tie it up for interviews or formal occasions as if you keep it neat (straight parting be it middle or side) and even perhaps tucked behind your ears, and not trailing down in front of your shoulders, but flicked behind and hanging straight down your back, it should look suitably tidy and professional. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Wear your black suit. Make sure our hair is neat, if you molt a lot then maybe it may be best to wear it up, if it's managable then wear it down. Hope you get the job:)

Advertisement