Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Back on Canon Printers and Cameras

Options
  • 26-03-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I just bought a Canon printer/scanner/copier in Power City for €79. Canon have a promotion on where you get €30 back. All you have to do is download a form from the Canon website and send it in to them. They send you out a cheque. Offer ends in May, I think. While on their site, I noticed a similar promotion for cameras. You get €70 back on them. Offer ends at the end of this month. With both of these offers, you look for the best value yourself and then you get the extra few bob off. Pretty good, I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Hi,

thanks for that. how ever when i checked on the canon website its only for specific cameras

<snip>

CLAIM UP TO €70 CASHBACK THIS EASTER!

Nothing else catches those special moments like a Canon PowerShot digital camera. And now you can catch an amazing cashback offer as well.

To claim your cashback, simply purchase your camera, complete the claim form and send it back to us, together with your till receipt. We will send you your cheque within 28 days.
    But remember the cashback offer is only available on Canon PowerShot cameras purchased between Thursday 20th March to Monday 31st March 2008.
    PowerShot A560 = €30 Cashback
    PowerShot A580 = €50 Cashback
    PowerShot A590 IS = €50 Cashback
    PowerShot A720 IS = €50 Cashback*
    PowerShot A650 IS = €70 Cashback
    *The PowerShot A720 IS is only available at Jessops.

white.gif

Claim Form Terms and Conditions

<snip>

doesn't seem to apply to printers/scanners unless i'am looking in the wrong place :-(

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

mags16 wrote: »
    I just bought a Canon printer/scanner/copier in Power City for €79.
    Was it the Pixma MP210 you got? Thinking of getting one myself and was wondering if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Steve o, I think it was. It wasn't for me but for my mum. But at €49, you can't really go wrong. I set it up for her yesterday and it is working fine. BTW it doesn't come with a USB cord so nip in to Tesco and get one for €3.99.

v240gltse, try the link below. You'll find the printer offer just under the camera offer.
    http://www.canon.ie/promotions/Index.asp
    And you are right, the camera offer only applies to certain models.

The printer offer is for the MP210.

But not bad if you are in the market for a camera or a printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Hi Mags16,

thanks for the link. I thought I might be lucky after buying a canon mp610 and get a bit of cash back but no such luck ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Thanks mags16.
    Think i will order it online from pixmania, just €65.90 delivered + piggypoints + cashback :D

If anyone else is thinking about getting 1 and can do a pick up from Elara they have it for €55.66 before the €30 cashback!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

steve 0 wrote: »
    Thanks mags16.
    Think i will order it online from pixmania, just €65.90 delivered + piggypoints + cashback :D

If anyone else is thinking about getting 1 and can do a pick up from Elara they have it for €55.66 before the €30 cashback!!!

Well done Steve O. That's a bargain. My Ma wouldn't buy it online so the Elara and Pixmania deals were out of the question.

Though my own printer is on the blink and it may be more cost effective to buy the canon for myself rather than mess around with new cartridges etc.

Advertisement