Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria Sectrets

Options
  • 26-03-2008 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi
    has anyone ever ordered any hing from victoria secrets, I am going to the carribean in june and would love some really nice bikinis and they have lovely ones

Just wondering how well are there sizes and will I get stung for customs? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I have lilly and found it of pretty poor quality.
    Also I goy stung on the tax too with it coming in from the states.

Was not worth the money at all.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

i know this is off the topic, but was wondering if anyone had any good places to buy good quality bras... kinda need support as well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

I agree with BeatNikDub, its very sheep quality, not really worth it.

Try Agent P. they have SUCH cute bikinis in store atm :) and I didnt even know they did swim wear untill last week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Hey Lilly, I have to disagree actually with the other posters! The bikinis I have ordered from them have always been good quality, so maybe it just depends on what ones you buy I guess ... I also think their bras are the best fit ever so I buy all my stuff from them.

The sizes tend to be a bit bigger than over here. I would be a medium here but tend to be a small in the bikinis on Victoria's Secret. So generally buy a size smaller. They have size charts anyway on the website.

Oh and you may get hit by customs, but it won't be by that much if you're just ordering a few bikinis.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I've ordered loads of stuff from VS and always found it to be really good quality!!

The chances are you'll get stung for customs. I think you can import items with a value of less that €45, anything over that and you have to pay VAT etc, but I'm open to correction on this.

The bra sizes do tend to run a bit bigger than here so if you do order measure yourself and compare it to their size guides, they're pretty accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hi There,

OP,
    I've ordered from Victoria's Secret and yes I have been caught for VAT/Import Tax. Some of the stuff is pretty good. This might not be to your taste but there is an ebay shop (mjrsales) that deals in catalogue returns from Victorias Secret. I've used then for items of clothing (sweaters etc) without a problem and a fraction of the catalogue cost (which came in less than the VAT/import tax level).

Missingyou,
    For bras I cannot recommend more highly figleaves.ie. They have a fantastic selection of all sizes (especially if you have a non standard size). Also check out Bravissimo.co.uk. Both have excellent ranges of Bras and swimwear. But there is no substitution for being correctly fitted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

Thanks so much for the advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

Thanks guys for all your replies...

Just regarding their size charts, I will go by them after measuring myself rather than what I normally buy here?

I am very small chested would there push up bikini's have any effect on me..?

Definitely measure yourself and compare against the charts, that way it's less likely that you will be disappointed if something is the wrong size. Plus it might be difficult to return some of the stuff.

Not sure about the bikini's but their push up bras have a definite effect so it's probably the same for their bikinis

Check out

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSSWMPUPZZZ&cgnbr=OSSWMPUPZZZ&rfnbr=3959

• Advertisement

Thanks all, going to order loads now, they also do lovely tracksuits and dresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

hey just wondering how the sizes are in hoodies and the tracksuit trousers, I'm a size 10 over here, would I be best to go with small or medium? thanks!

Go with a Medium, That normally fits a 10-12

My sister is a 6 and the small fits her fine, and I'm a 14 and the large is perfect.... So medium would be the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Lol thanks, good job I didn't go for the small so!

That would have been quite funny...but also depressing...I hate forign sizes lol

there tracksuits and tops are gorgeouse but just my luck the tracksuit I was going to buy in yello and white is not available in my size...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Hope I'm not too late lily 07, but there's offer codes here for anyone buying anything from Victoria's Secret, I don't know if they all work, but the $10 off when you spend $50 does and you'll know before you buy whether or not it works so you can keep trying till one of them does :p

Advertisement