Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

becker gps ! anyone have one ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Run away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've already ordered this, so please tell me the good points about it and avoid the bad ones, thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Bump, thinking of ordering one myself.

Or maybe a Nuvi. Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow and I'll let ye know then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ok, some slightly more constructive comments:
    Would you buy Ferrari aftershave? Then why would you buy a Ferrari GPS receiver? The Ferrari association surely just allows the Becker company to put the logo on the product, and you can be sure that the cost of this license is borne by the cost of the unit.

The map manufacturer is not named, and the maps are not dated (or more to the point, the maps might be quite dated!)

Biggest concerns would be availability of map updates and reliability (some online feedback about reliability).

For 152 Euro or therabouts, you could get a decent Garmin or tomTom unit. So why buy it? Also, I tried to buy a GPS receiver from DABS before. After 10 days, I cancelled my order in frustration and ordered from another website at a higer price. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ok, some slightly more constructive comments:
    Would you buy Ferrari aftershave? Then why would you buy a Ferrari GPS receiver? The Ferrari association surely just allows the Becker company to put the logo on the product, and you can be sure that the cost of this license is borne by the cost of the unit.

The map manufacturer is not named, and the maps are not dated (or more to the point, the maps might be quite dated!)

Biggest concerns would be availability of map updates and reliability (some online feedback about reliability).

For 152 Euro or therabouts, you could get a decent Garmin or tomTom unit. So why buy it? Also, I tried to buy a GPS receiver from DABS before. After 10 days, I cancelled my order in frustration and ordered from another website at a higer price. :eek:

Maps are by Navteq, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

becker

Waste of Money...

Buy a decent Sat nav and be finished with it....

Garmin or Tom Tom the way to go !!!!
    Excuse the pun !!!

Advertisement