Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DES decryption

Options
  • 25-03-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I've implemented DES encryption in C. Now I want to implement decryption :)

I've read:

Decryption is simply the inverse of encryption, following the same steps as encryption, but reversing the order in which the subkeys are applied.

Does this mean reverse the order of the subkeys when XORing the output of the e-bit selection table? Or does it mean something else?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yep, that's it, just got it working!

Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You need to give people more time to answer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm a machine!

You can still answer if you want, I don't mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

dublindude wrote: »
    Hello

I've implemented DES encryption in C. Now I want to implement decryption :)

I've read:

Decryption is simply the inverse of encryption, following the same steps as encryption, but reversing the order in which the subkeys are applied.

Does this mean reverse the order of the subkeys when XORing the output of the e-bit selection table? Or does it mean something else?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

It means for decryption the round keys are calculated exactly the same way as encryption... except they are applied in reverse order to the rounds in the encryption process, to perform decryption....

Advertisement