Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test

Options
  • 25-03-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Driving Test this Monday coming in Longford..

Any tips/advice please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

best advice i can offer you is to use your mirrors,dont over exagerate head movements but let it be knowen to the tester that you are using them and are aware of everything going on around you.
    it would also be wise if you have some time before the test to do some driving around the town and do some practice manouvers.

take your time and try to relax.best of luck with your test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

i applyed for my test start of feb and due to the job ill be starting in next month ill def need my full licene by end of june..can you send on a letter after you already applied for your test trying to get a cancellation anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ballsy mchugh

my advice, do it in cork. failed six times in longford!!! if you have a guy called lennon then forget it, just put on a brave face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

Celtic07 wrote: »
    i applyed for my test start of feb and due to the job ill be starting in next month ill def need my full licene by end of june..can you send on a letter after you already applied for your test trying to get a cancellation anyone know?
    Just ring them first and tell them ur sending it in - be nice to whoever is on the phone and ask them can u send it in to them !!

The best way to pass is just relax. Ifailed 3 times due to nerves - on the fourth time i basically gave up caring and passed !!! good luck with it !

my advice, do it in cork. failed six times in longford!!! if you have a guy called lennon then forget it, just put on a brave face.

Did you use an instructor, and did you change instructors?

• Advertisement

Bmark wrote: »
    Just ring them first and tell them ur sending it in - be nice to whoever is on the phone and ask them can u send it in to them !!

I rang them up looking for a cancellation, they never even asked for documentation. I got it 5 weeks later.
    It is a painful process trying to get through on the phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

One little tip is when you arrive at the test centre before the test reverse into your parking space to face it for off. One less thing for you to worry about! That test centre car park is tight enough to park in as far as I remember. Also don't forget about the very first junction beside the test centre which is only about 20 meters or so from the entrance of the centre. The road maybe straight but you don't have the right of way.
    Hope this helps and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

how did ya get on?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I was gonna start a thread, but might as well bump this!!

Just want to know what route does the test take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

advice....pass! ha

Lucky you i just booked my test today, only to find out afterwards that you must have a learner permit for at LEAST 6 months!!! whats all that about?? only had it 2 months so erm great, wonder how many 1000 euro fines im guna get over the next 4 months!!!

But anyway goodluck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 legoboy

Hi.i was just wondering if anyone had encountered the same problem as me,i have done my driving test twice, both in Limerick, and unfortunately both with the same examiner, on both occassions i felt confident i had passed, but on both occassions i reccieved 9 grade 2 marks. After the second failure i questioned why i had failed and was very rudely told that he didn't have to explain himself and that i must leave the room as i was holding up the next person, what really worries me though is that he also told me that if i practiced that i should be ok the next time that my driving was of a good standard , i had to laugh at this, and that it would be more than likely him conducting my next test as he was pretty much the main examiner there, the only reason i want to do the test at this centre is that i know the route pretty well and i feel confident driving on those routes. When i reapplied i emailed the driving test section and requested not to be examined by this particular examiner, i know the RSA say they have a policy of not having the same examiner twice but it happened me, i was wondering if anybody else had a similar situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 onmaki

Im based in the west but as my provisional is all but out of date the only place i can take the test is in Longford. I know the town pretty well but could really use a few lessons from someone local that knows the route etc.
    Can anyone recommend a good Longford instructor??

Thanks in advance...!!!

EPC

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

I'd recommend Thompsons. Their no. is (086)2665713. I've done my car and rigid with them and passed first time on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 onmaki

scudster wrote: »
    I'd recommend Thompsons. Their no. is (086)2665713. I've done my car and rigid with them and passed first time on both.

Good man Scudster..... great to get the local knowledge...!!!

Advertisement