Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will i get it?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was on the dole for a while leading up to January, couldnt get a job anywhere, but when i finally got an offer I jumped at it.

However, this job was quite a distance (more than i expected) and couple of years ago i had a hip op - so cant walk long distances etc you get the point. Anyway, the location of the work became too much so i had to quit.

That was mid january, as of yet i havent found a job (as i dont have enough experience) my dad has been giving me money but cant afford to anymore (messy separation) so now I am broke!

I was wondering what the situation will be with me getting the dole -

1 Will i be entitled after quitting my job?
    2 Will i be entitled to back dole?

Any advice will be great as i am broke and stressed out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

1 Will i be entitled after quitting my job?
    Why you are not in your previous employment isn't any of their business really.
    They do ask though. I wouldn't reckon it makes any odds what you tell them.

I got sacked from my last job and I got dole.

And a long time ago, I quit a job, and told the dole office that I had. It made no difference in my case.
    2 Will i be entitled to back dole?
    You are only entitled to dole from the date you first present yourself at the office or make it known to the office that you are unemployed. I think there is a possiblillity if back-dole but only in certain circumstances. "I didn't expect to be unemployed for long" is not a valid excuse.

I was told by the dole office that if I ever find myself out of a job again, to go down to dole office the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

ok, thanks a mill for your help, a friend got back dole worth near 2 months i was shocked by this! didnt know if it was a regular occurance or what! But thank you for you're help!

Advertisement