Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i the only person...

Options
  • 25-03-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Who hates drainpipe jeans and "look at my feet" flat shoes that every single girl seems to be wearing now?

Looks something like this..

siwy2_rollover.jpg

Its bad enough seeing one girl wearing the two, but every day i see groups of girls all wearing the same jeans and shoes in different colours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

i have to agree, really dislike this look...

Put UGG's on instead of flats...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I think some very small, very skinny girls can pull it off, but personally i only wear skinny jeans with boots.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hate the jeans, love the shoes.

I've always like pretty flats but you usen't to be able to get them anywhere. I'm in my element at the moment. I usually wear them with bootleg jeans or straight leg trousers.

Skinny jeans look awful on anyone with even a whipser of a thigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

I love the flats too, office and river island do have gorgeous one... but as victoria beckham says 'u look like a golf stick with skinny jeans and flats'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Skinny jeans are evil.....unless you have Kate Moss legs then go for it. Love the shoes though, I'm a big fan, so comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I thought I was the only one who thought they looked silly. Not flattering at all, ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Think it's a terrible look. Not even nice on Kate Moss unless she's wearing a long top/dress over the jeans and then, well, what's the point of the jeans in the first place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Who hates drainpipe jeans and "look at my feet" flat shoes that every single girl seems to be wearing now?

Looks something like this..

siwy2_rollover.jpg

Its bad enough seeing one girl wearing the two, but every day i see groups of girls all wearing the same jeans and shoes in different colours.

please tell me no one would wear jeans that short with flats? thats just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

nobody would wear jeans that short, full stop.

very true lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

shazpunk wrote: »
    please tell me no one would wear jeans that short with flats? thats just wrong!
    yeah uhh they look retarded that short ha. i like flats though, they have lovely ones in river island and on american eagle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

I'm male, this is about the most unattractive style I've seen women get into in the past 10 years. Very very [no] few women can pull it off. Skinny jeans and some slight heels, "yes please", flats, "were you a pixies in a past life?" "are your feet the size they look?... 9's?"...

If i wear skinny jeans casually I wear a 1-1.5' heal with them.

What I think look really bad is when the jeans are too long for the wearer and they get all ripped at the bottoms, it loks very trashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Indeed this is a horrible look, what are the ladies of Ireland thinking. Skinny jeans and boot on the other hand....... quality stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

aliqueenb wrote: »
    yeah uhh they look retarded that short ha.
    aliqueenb wrote: »

yeah!

uhh!

they look retarded that short

ha!

Ali - you sound like James Brown.

You just need to give it more exclamation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

huhh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Given Irish peoples tans there usually are some nice big blue veins on the exposed feet just to complete the look as well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Look awful. Exposed feet with flats make them look like flippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Looking at girls wearing these "flats" for a while and from a male perspective they look terrible. Very unattractive.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Not quite as bad when the jeans are long enough for the wearer?
    >

• Advertisement

I agre phi3...but like I've said, not too long cos thats just ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

It's a bit too everywhere, but still way better and classier than those horrible filthy fake/real UGG boots every second girl seems to be wearing imo! I saw two girls wearing them today and they were tinged green with dirt.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Some petite girls can pull it off.

Most can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it's being overdone. and i dont like looking at everyones feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chicky

Uugh its yock !

For me its always boots over skinny jeans. Actually I'm thin as it is so the weird shoes would just look odd! Don't own any of those kinda flats even :L

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Well the good news is that skinny jeans are apparently on the way out and kickflare jeans are on the way back in. thankfully. HATE skinny jeans, personally I think they look ridiculous even on the most stunning of figures. As for the flipper effect - yeuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

They've been saying skinny jeans are on the way out for the past couple of years :rolleyes:

I love skinny jeans and pumps. As long as you've got the figure for it I think it looks dainty and pretty and ballerina-like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

phi3 wrote: »
    Not quite as bad when the jeans are long enough for the wearer?
    >

Yeah, it looks ok like that although it always looks silly to see a group of girls wearing the exact same look, and I've seen it done with this combo.

Advertisement