Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Skirt to Get Next?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭

Well I think it's about time to get the missus a new skirt but I'm having some trouble deciding.

I quite like the look of this as it's a little formal:
    DS-050R-1.jpg

but this one is just HOT, but perhaps too much so:
    DS-103-2.jpg

I was also thinking about this one but it's the first two that are the real frontrunners:
    DS-072-2.jpg

I like the first one as it is sexy but also a little formal, it could be the foundation of many great outfits. The second skirt is just amazing, but is it perhaps a little too cheeky? The third I'm not so gone on but she doesn't have a black skirt that's this long.

So opinions please on which should be the next purchase.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Are you looking for a bedroom skirt lol?

Whats her style normally? I couldn't imagine wearing leather in summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

shazpunk wrote: »
    Are you looking for a bedroom skirt lol?

Whats her style normally? I couldn't imagine wearing leather in summer!

No it'll be for use outdoors, cinema, restaurant etc. Ahhh the summer is the best time for it! Not too hot, not too cold.... tis perfect.

ok well if its for going out for dinner etc in the second and thrid are out of the question lol

Is this her usual style?

The first would look really cute with a white shirt, black courts and a black waist belt.

shazpunk wrote: »
    ok well if its for going out for dinner etc in the second and thrid are out of the question lol

Is this her usual style?

The first would look really cute with a white shirt, black courts and a black waist belt.

Yeah I thought the first option would be the most realistic alright and as you say with a white shirt, the right belt and shoes it'd look great.

It's not her usual style no, but she does have a few other bits and pieces that have been bought through the years. She's kind enough to indulge me on occasion when we're heading out.

thats nice of her :) but do you really wanna make her feel like she HAS to wear it because you bought it for her?

Please do take into consideration what she would usually wear.
    There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable on a date, and if she doesnt usually wear leather, a leather skirt would be a big jump.

if thats the look (sexatery :P) you want, why not take a look at some of the softer pencil skirts, Oasis do some lovely ones, so do A/ware. high waisted/ruffels on back/pinstripe anything really.

Just think of the missis, she's the one wearing it at the end of the day :p

• Advertisement

I understand what your saying shazpunk and I appreciate your concern. Her usual style is more casual but she does wear leather out and about and quite happily too.
    I would never ask her to wear anything she didn't want.

Ive no doubt that you have enough respect for her to never force her into anything she wasnt comfortable but its very easy to fall into the 'its ok baby I don't mind trap', just to keep pease.

I hope she likes the skirt though :) let me know how you get on!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

One thing I would have to say about that first skirt.
    I wouldn't fancy having that big zip sticking in my ass/leg while sitting down. It would probably rip any tights she's wearing too.
    Am I being too practical there? :)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    One thing I would have to say about that first skirt.
    I wouldn't fancy having that big zip sticking in my ass/leg while sitting down. It would probably rip any tights she's wearing too.
    Am I being too practical there? :)

Hey B, actually that's a very good point, something I never thought of at all. And no it's always good to be a little practical. :p
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I love one and three. Am with the other poster on the zip on ass, tight-ripping things and imagine if the zip was a little tight and burst or something :eek:

But, number three would have to be a no-no unless she is tall. She'll look like Michael Bentine's Potty Men otherwise, even with heels.

So that leaves number one....

I wish my OH would buy me clothes like this but he'd die first!

• Advertisement

Many thanks for the comments. Your other half doesn't realise how lucky he is! My SO is quite tall so I'm confident she could pull off No: 3 no problem, however I do find myself leaning towards No: 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I suggest the first..the second is out, def, and the third just seems a little too long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Number 1 or number 3, preferably number 1. Not mad about number 2 tbh.

Thanks for the response guys. I really didn't think that No: 2 would be that bad, so I'm surprised at my lack of judgement. No: 1 it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah, the first is definitely the nicest, sexy yet classy too.

the shiney sort of patent leather of the second makes it look a bit cheap and tacky tbh, more a bedroom skirt than a wearing out and about skirt i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

To be quite honest, I am not really liking any of them! They just seem a bit ugh to me! I hate the leather skirt its so matrix-esque!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I kinda <3 eo980's help-me-dress-my-girlfriend-in-leather threads.

Not crazy about any of them but go for number 1 if it's something you want her to wear out. It's the best one. Number 2 is for the bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

eo980 wrote: »
    I would never ask her to wear anything she didn't want.

why dont you ask her instead of a load of strangers that dont know her.. i know that you prob want to surprise her but surely her opinion is worth more than any of ours??? what if she doesnt like any of them and then would feel like she'd have to wear it..id be pretty annoyed if it was me....

Even so, however, defo dont get the second one..

Ruthee wrote: »
    why dont you ask her instead of a load of strangers that dont know her.. i know that you prob want to surprise her but surely her opinion is worth more than any of ours??? what if she doesnt like any of them and then would feel like she'd have to wear it..id be pretty annoyed if it was me....

Even so, however, defo dont get the second one..

Of course I value her opinion but I know she'd like all of them so it's not really an issue. What's wrong with the guiding opinion of someone else? I thought No: 2 wasn't too shabby at all but it seems I'm way off so I'll be leaving that off of the list.
    If she didn't like something she'd tell me and I wouldn't expect her to wear it, I'd just sell it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No1 I think.

I like No 3, but it would probably be quite constricting to walk in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement