Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jeans - Women!

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi there,

Just saw Cremo's thread and thought "fantastic"...until I realised it was all about men's jeans!

So I need new jeans too...but I'm looking for funky,casual-to-wear-out-at-night jeans.

However, I have a problem! I've piled a few pounds on recently and plan to lose them over the next month or so. We're talking half a stone! (I'm now 9 and a half stone)

So is there anywhere that has cheap(ish) jeans so that I can wear now and still look cool but not to have to spend the earth?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hey i got a reply telling me to go to A-wear, wouldn't it look good if i had no idea what A-wear was. luckily i do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Yeah awear is a good choice, or i got a pair of "shimmy" jeans in New Look...they are nice and tight around the bum and then go into a boot cut at the end..look lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

I live in American Eagle jeans, yeah it can be a little bit of stress getting them over, but they do work out cheeper (around $30-$40 for a pair), better fit, better quality, better choise than anyhting I've ever found in ireland.
    Their size guide is also spot on.
    http://www.ae.com/web/browse/category_feature_item_guide.jsp?catId=cat90120

They do free shipping to American addresses most of the time, so if you have a friend or family over there order to them and just have em ship it over. in total your probaly looking at >€40 for the jeans and shipping.

Topshop do some nice ones too, but I find their sizes to be a bit odd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

oh i wanted to buy a pair of ae jeans but i was like wuold the sizing be ok????....like i measured myself and buy their standard i would be like a size 4-6 (8-10 uk) which i was like awwwh man, cos i fit into size 0 gap and yeah yeah i have been told they do vanity sizing but i was thinking i would atleast fit into a size 2.

aliqueenb wrote: »
    oh i wanted to buy a pair of ae jeans but i was like wuold the sizing be ok????....like i measured myself and buy their standard i would be like a size 4-6 (8-10 uk) which i was like awwwh man, cos i fit into size 0 gap and yeah yeah i have been told they do vanity sizing but i was thinking i would atleast fit into a size 2.

what size are you in clothes here?
    a size 0 is a size 4 over here like....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

def awear, got really nice ones there today for €35. STEAL!

size 8 or 6, and then in gap a size four...uk sizes like

well then your probably right to go for a 4 in American Eagle....

You know yourself that sizes everywhere are messed up anyway!

yeah i hate the way they are actually all so different, it really gets confusing, lol the last pair of jeans i got were gant but they were in childrens sizes so

thats another reason why i stick to American jeans, the sizes are more standard.

Like I'm a 14/16 here in TopShop or River Island, but I'm a 12 in GAP and a 10 in AE and A&F.....its all very strange lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Cremo wrote: »
    hey i got a reply telling me to go to A-wear, wouldn't it look good if i had no idea what A-wear was. luckily i do ;)

yup, I'm the dumbass that thought you were a girl.:rolleyes:

Well NYC, to quote myself:
    I really like the new A-wear range of denim, loads of sizes, lengths and best of all, loads of shades! I bought three pairs already because once I find a style I like, I stick to it!wink.gif

Oh, and they're €35 a pop, which is the best part.

eviledna wrote: »
    yup, I'm the dumbass that thought you were a girl.:rolleyes:

don't worry about it, i've been mistaken for far worse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Good god, mistaken as what? A goat? A brooch? A pterodactyl?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

def awear, got really nice ones there today for €35. STEAL!

I second that! Got a lovely pair of dark wash wide legs for same price. They've some sort of 'denim clinic' on at the mo too so they'll sort your sizing out for you.

I got a pair of black straight legs fro A/ware... €15 (friends staff discount)
    but I find them a horrible fit. ?A/wear dont seem to take hips into account when sizing, just belly. I'm a size 14/16 hips, but belly wise I'd be >12.
    I found A/wearto be more stress than its worth lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

eviledna wrote: »
    Good god, mistaken as what? A goat? A brooch? A pterodactyl?:D

An Emo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Am now a size 12 but have been all sizes up to 18

principles - good for night out & are tight on arse 25yo
    Top Shop - moto - brill but loose shape after awhile
    Aware - buy a size bigger and the seems are usually crap - bought 'boyfriend' jeans there last year. Waste of money
    New Look - nice fit and good selection of diff styles
    DKNY - love these - Macys 3rd floor infront of you after you get off escalator
    Seven Jean - tricky to get nice pair as they all low rise - I like bootcut that covers arse
    Miss 60 - good for 'skinnnies' & 'shorties' as they give you an arse and tight on thighs
    Next - ok but my mother wears them

orla wrote: »
    An Emo
    no. it's even worse than that.

but anyways it's not helping the OP. :D

Advertisement