Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 2

Options
  • 25-03-2008 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday 28 March
    Brisbane v Collingwood @ Gabba 7.40PM (9.40AM GMT)

Saturday 29 March
    Melbourne v Western Bulldogs @ MCG 2.10PM (3.10AM GMT)
    Adelaide v West Coast @ AAMI Stadium 2.40PM (4.10AM GMT) Setanta Sports 2 4.00AM
    Fremantle v Hawthorn @ Subiaco 5.40PM (8.40AM GMT)
    St Kilda v Carlton @ Telstra Dome 7.10PM (8.10AM GMT) Setanta Sports 2 8.00AM

Sunday 30 March
    Sydney v Port Adelaide @ SCG 1.10PM (2.10AM GMT)
    Geelong v Essendon @ Telstra Dome 2.10PM (3.10AM GMT) Setanta Sports 2 4.00AM
    Richmond v Kangaroos @ MCG 4.40PM (5.40AM GMT)

Audio on afl.com.au through the live gamecentre links on the right hand side of the homepage.

Weekend highlights on Setanta Sports 2, Monday 31st at 6PM (and probably TG4 around 11pm on Wednesday night)

My picks for the weekend
    Brisbane v Collingwood : Collingwood
    Melbourne v Western Bulldogs : Bulldogs
    Adelaide v West Coast : West Coast
    Fremantle v Hawthorn : Hawthorn
    St Kilda v Carlton : St Kilda
    Sydney v Port Adelaide : Port Adelaide
    Geelong v Essendon : Geelong
    Richmond v Kangaroos : Roos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep I'm gonna have to agree on every one of those Hanton! I picked the same for my footy tips in work earlier.

Sydney v Port Adelaide : Port Adelaide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yeah, I'd have to agree with most of your predictions:

Sydney v Port Adelaide : Sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

cheating bastards! ha! ;)

yeah, not too many there that you wouldnt go against. Freo may cause an upset, but I doubt it. I cant believe how highly they are tipped by bookies. Third favs after finishing 11th last year? Richmond might get a roll going and turn the roos, and Sydney and Port Adelaide is probably the hardest one to call.

hanton12 wrote: »
    cheating bastards! ha! ;)

yeah, not too many there that you wouldnt go against. Freo may cause an upset, but I doubt it. I cant believe how highly they are tipped by bookies. Third favs after finishing 11th last year? Richmond might get a roll going and turn the roos, and Sydney and Port Adelaide is probably the hardest one to call.

Agreed. They were tipped heavily last year, performed terribly, didn't really add to that team over the summer and yet they're heavily tipped again. WTF is that all about? Hope Buddy bags ten against them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Brisbane v Collingwood : Brisbane
    Sydney v Port Adelaide : Port
    Richmond v Kangaroos : Richmond

I disagree on a couple. Brisbane at the Gabba can be very tough to beat and I think Richmond could easily get up against North Melbourne.

• Advertisement

jeez, the lions/pies game is sounding like a craker, pies up by 8 now after going in behind at half time. They have kicked the last 4 goals. I forgot to set the damn sky+ to record it! didak sounds like he scored an unbelievable goal before half time, but it might just be the radio commentators going mad over nothing!

jeez, the lions/pies game is sounding like a craker, pies up by 8 now after going in behind at half time. They have kicked the last 4 goals. I forgot to set the damn sky+ to record it! didak sounds like he scored an unbelievable goal before half time, but it might just be the radio commentators going mad over nothing!

I think the radio guys might be hyping it up a bit more than it deserves. Am watching it. Not a bad game by any means but nothing special.

Just need Brisbane to get back into it now. Have some ground to make up on my work footy tips already.

good win for Brisbane, by 2 in the end. and dont feel as bad about missing it as I just realised it wasnt even on setanta live (should read my own posts more often!;))

Feckin Lions winning it late on. Was sure my tip was gonna come through when the Pies were up by 16 at the last change. Disgusted.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Feckin Lions winning it late on. Was sure my tip was gonna come through when the Pies were up by 16 at the last change. Disgusted.

Told ya Brisbane are tough to beat at the Gabba :D

• Advertisement

Woeful performance from the Eagles today. Got absolutely destroyed by the Crows. At least the Dockers continue to live up to the hype....

Just watching Geelong dish out another absolute hiding. They just broke the 100 point mark to lead Essendon by 102 to 26. And it's not even the end of the third quarter. They are fantastic to watch. Ablett and Bartel are having a field day.

And game over at 150 - 51. Stunning team performance from the Cats and it proves why they are the best team in the game.

To emphaise the point they scored 22 goals and only one player scored more than twice. Sensational.

just watching it here now myself. Awsome performance. Their ability to work it out of defence and get a quick ball going and find players in space is unreal. Dont know if you remember it either xavi, but I pissed myself laughing when Cam Ling scored, and they showed a Geelong supporter who looked the exact same as him, except it was a woman. Long curly red hair and buck teeth. Could have been his sister!

just watching it here now myself. Awsome performance. Their ability to work it out of defence and get a quick ball going and find players in space is unreal. Dont know if you remember it either xavi, but I pissed myself laughing when Cam Ling scored, and they showed a Geelong supporter who looked the exact same as him, except it was a woman. Long curly red hair and buck teeth. Could have been his sister!

Ha ha yes I do indeed. It was priceless.

They did something similar on The Footy Show the other night. Shane Crawford was out on the street vox popping people when he came across a bum who was the stamp of Ling. Hilarious stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

YAAAAAAAAAY the Lions, we are very hard to beat at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

(no one responded to my suggestion in the Round 1 thread to always include results in a round thread once they are known, nor did anyone take it on in this thread - oh well, and there was me thinking there might actually be a vibrant AFL forum on boards - I wonder will anybody even read this!)

Anyway, here are the results from Round 2:

BL v COLL 96 - 94
    MELB v WB 66 - 161
    ADEL v WCE 133 - 57
    FRE v HAW 97 - 112
    STK v CARL 125 - 85
    SYD v PORT 146 - 78
    GEEL v ESS 150 - 51
    RICH v KAN 86 - 127

The ladder is:
    P W D L F A % Pts
    1 Hawthorn 2 2 0 0 266 147 181 8
    2 Geelong 2 2 0 0 255 147 173 8
    3 Bulldogs 2 2 0 0 287 189 151 8
    4 St Kilda 2 2 0 0 176 134 131 8
    5 Sydney 2 1 0 1 195 129 151 4
    6 Adelaide 2 1 0 1 256 183 139 4
    7 Collingwood 2 1 0 1 205 181 113 4
    8 Richmond 2 1 0 1 195 206 95 4
    9 Kangaroos 2 1 0 1 194 208 93 4
    10 Brisbane 2 1 0 1 172 186 93 4
    11 Essendon 2 1 0 1 173 217 80 4
    12 West Coast 2 1 0 1 149 209 71 4
    13 Fremantle 2 0 0 2 182 223 81 0
    14 Carlton 2 0 0 2 164 234 70 0
    15 Port Adelaide 2 0 0 2 174 251 69 0
    16 Melbourne 2 0 0 2 116 315 36 0

Redspider

redspider wrote: »
    (no one responded to my suggestion in the Round 1 thread to always include results in a round thread once they are known, nor did anyone take it on in this thread - oh well, and there was me thinking there might actually be a vibrant AFL forum on boards - I wonder will anybody even read this!)

Well tbh after you doing it last week I didn't see any reason why you wouldn't do it again.

And no reason to be a smart arse about the forum. We've had a lot more traffic than I expected for a game that is only played in one country on the other side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Hey, at least someone did read it and respond, fair play to you Xavi.

> Well tbh after you doing it last week I didn't see any reason why you wouldn't do it again.

I may not be able to do it every week and not as timely perhaps as some of you who will get a chance to see the results before I do. I may not get around to reading AFL results until Tue, Wed or Thu the following week, if I remember at all that is. It was just an idea where this AFL corum could prove useful.

> And no reason to be a smart arse about the forum. We've had a lot more traffic than I expected for a game that is only played in one country on the other side of the world.

Calling me a 'smart arse' and sending me a warning, you'll be banning me next. Well, at least it got some debate going.

Back to the footy .....

Redspider

Hey, at least someone did read it and respond, fair play to you Xavi.

Just because other people don't respond doesn't mean they haven't read it.

I may not be able to do it every week and not as timely perhaps as some of you who will get a chance to see the results before I do. I may not get around to reading AFL results until Tue, Wed or Thu the following week, if I remember at all that is. It was just an idea where this AFL corum could prove useful.

And I've agreed with you at least twice that it's a good idea. Maybe whoever gets here first on a Monday can stick the results up. It'll be done.
    Calling me a 'smart arse' and sending me a warning, you'll be banning me next. Well, at least it got some debate going.

I won't be banning people. That's not what this forum is about, hence the lenient charter. I won't, however, tolerate people blatantly dissing it for all to see.
    Back to the footy .....

Redspider

Agreed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement