Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time getting eye brows done ...

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I dont know if im posting this in the right place so moderators please forgive me :D

Im 27 and for the first time iv decided to get my eyerows shaped as they are a bit bushy... need help
    Is it better to get them waxed or tweezed and does anyone know of a good place to do this as i dont want to leave with no eyebrows or a small silly looking line that id have to draw over.... you can see my concern.

Im living in the tallaght area
    Any help would be appriciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ricewind any good beauticians will do this for you. I prefer waxing cos although it sounds scarier it's just 2 teenchy bits of pain as opposed to a lot of plucking pain! If it's the first time for you a good therapist will wax the initial bit off and then shape them with tweezers but if you keep them tidy it's a breeze afterwards.

I go to Louise in the Citywest Hotel ~ find her fab for all my treatments and it's not too far for you. If you call the main hotel number and ask to be put through to the beauty salon you'll get her, but in all honesty all beauticians offer this service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's a small salon up by the square near where the luas line comes in, just across from the shopping centre. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it's a good salon and the girls there are great.

Go for waxing, definitely. Always get mine waxed, then she plucks out any strays and the plucking is definitely more painful than the wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Word of advice on waxing though - seemingly as the eye area is very tender you should not wax that often as it will give you wrinkles.... ideally get them waxed and shaped, then mantain them by plucking.

Just learnt this and I've been having my eyes waxed for years:(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

what2do wrote: »
    Word of advice on waxing though - seemingly as the eye area is very tender you should not wax that often as it will give you wrinkles.... ideally get them waxed and shaped, then mantain them by plucking.

Just learnt this and I've been having my eyes waxed for years:(

Yea I heard that too.

When I was in New York they have signs all over the place promoting Threading!! It's the new version for waxing eyebrows as it prevents the wrinkles from happeneing!!

It sounds like pure torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ricewind

Thats great thanks :D

At least im a bit clearer on what to do now.
    Been looking up salons and they offer an eye lash tint is this any good :confused:

• Advertisement

Threading is fab ~ almost no pain at all if you get someone good to do it! I got mine done in Harrods in London and the women there have been doing it for centuries :D

It feels almost like an exfoliation procedure being done on your eyebrows.

Eyelash tint is good for some, not for others. I have darkish but fine eyelashes so need the 'fatness' that mascara gives me. Used to get my lashes dyed but I developed an allergy out of the blue to eyelash tint ~ doesn't matter what brand is used. I look like I've done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson for a week afterwards ~ oh, and I pass all of the allergy testing they do behind the ears etc!!

I trained as a beautician last year and we had to do all treatments on each other and my partner had to just put it on and take it straight off when she practised on me. I just had red rimmed, itchy eyes for a couple of days when she did it that way so it wasn't too bad.

Second the dangerous of waxing.
    I used to go to a quite rough beautican and I have stretch mark like scars and broken blood vessels around my eye aera from getting the brows waxed.

The therapist should be supporting the skin around the eye tightly and firmly when waxing. If they don't do this, then don't go back to them! You should only feel 'the rip' of the hair coming out IYSWIM and not 'the pull' of skin as the strip or hot wax is being pulled off. If the skin is being supported correctly then any after effects would be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

ricewind wrote: »
    Thats great thanks :D

At least im a bit clearer on what to do now.
    Been looking up salons and they offer an eye lash tint is this any good :confused:

If you are blonde or redhaired it's great, you can really see the difference. If you already have dark eyelashes it's not so noticeable.
    You can also get your eyebrows tinted if you have very fair ones, also quite good.

Advertisement