Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hen night - what to wear

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Ok..heading to my first hen night in a months time. Its not going to be a typical hen night with L Plates etc... Just looking for a advice on what to wear. Basically its going to be a meal and a few drinks after. Should i wear what i would wear on an average saturday night e.g. Jeans and top or should i make an extra effort?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

corkchick wrote: »
    Ok..heading to my first hen night in a months time. Its not going to be a typical hen night with L Plates etc... Just looking for a advice on what to wear. Basically its going to be a meal and a few drinks after. Should i wear what i would wear on an average saturday night e.g. Jeans and top or should i make an extra effort?

Depends what you're after. If you're out to attract the attention of lads then dress up. If it's merely a night with the girls then go more casual.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Depends what you're after. If you're out to attract the attention of lads then dress up. If it's merely a night with the girls then go more casual.

Women dress up for more reasons than just to 'attract lads'. Like, themselves, for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'd say dress up a bit, it is a girlie night out after all. Maybe a knee length dress and heels? or a corset top with your jeans and heels instead to dress it up a bit.

& most girls dress for themselves rather than to attract guy attention, i know i do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wear a condom on your head, have an english accent and make a complete show of yourself in Temple Bar, it's all the rage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Silverfish wrote: »
    Women dress up for more reasons than just to 'attract lads'. Like, themselves, for one.

Yes I'm quite aware of that. However the OP said she was going on a hen night. To a guy, hen night + short skirts, small tops etc = jackpot. The OP and her group may not want this sort of attention so I was merely suggesting to tone it down for that particular night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 corkchick

Can i ask why my thread was removed from ladies lounge?

Hen nights generally have a themed dress code.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My hen is on in a few weeks and I'm having a hard time getting a funky dress.

I'm usually a pretty safe dresser but I kinda want to wear the young people's clothes for once (I'm 27!). I'm a bit slimmer and more sunkissed than usual so I reckon I could pull off something a bit different.

Anyone seen any cool dresses about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Aww definately dress up, its a great excuse to go all out with your girl friends and have fun while looking great!! And there will be plenty of cameras about so you have to look good .... I'd go with a great top that way any trousers will do!!!
    Have fun ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

corkchick wrote: »
    Can i ask why my thread was removed from ladies lounge?

I presume because it's a fashion question.

Advertisement