Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile 6 SDK with VS2008 Standard Edition

Options
  • 24-03-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

At the recent Windows 2008 launch, I picked up (amongst other items) a copy of Visual Studio 2008 and a special DVD for Windows Mobile 6 development (SDK, tutorials etc). After banging my head against the wall for a few days, I have discovered that you cannot install the Win Mobile 6 SDK with VS2008 Std. Ed. because it will only work with the VS2008 Professional Edition and above. I can't understand this because it rules out a lot of hobbyist development interest in mobile development.

My question is "Has anyone found a workaround for this that would allow you to use the Standard Edition with Win Mob 6 SDK?". I don't think that it is in a license agreement that you can't do it; they just don't allow you to install the SDK without an appropriate version of Visual Studio installed first.

McGintyMcGoo

Advertisement