Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why does fashion hate short men?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello there,
    I was hoping maybe some of you fashion experts could help me out with a problem.
    I happen to be a rather short(ish) male.
    I’m not good with heights, just think Richard Hammond.
    Anyway, you might have guessed my problem, I can never seem to find clothes that fit, it’s quite annoying. Especially jeans and trousers.
    I do sometimes buy jeans and have the leg taken up a little, but I sometimes find this alters the shape of the jeans.
    Can anyone recommend and stores or brands of jeans that could help out in my seemly never ending quest to find clothes that fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This is a pretty big article, and more for dads but iunno, still some good advice.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13265966/

Depends on what the shops sizes are, and a lot of websites have the exact measurements of their items. So maybe get yourself measured for chest, inside leg etc and then see what you can find online? I know a few stores like River Island have brought in XS instead of just S now so more trial and error than anything else

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I know what you mean, I'm 5' 8 and it can be difficult to get decent fitting jeans especially!! Always seem to be an inch or two long and I agree they're just not the same when altered:confused: At the moment alot of mens clothing seems to be for tall skinny guys and no offence but its quite effeminite!! I usually buy my clothes in debenhams, arnotts, burtons, bertoni, and find their stuff fits a broader frame. On sizes of tees, tops, jackets,etc. I usually find medium fits really well, some great bargains to be had out there at the mo btw!;)

P.s - I bought Levis 512 bootcut in Arnotts at Xmas and they fit really well and look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I'm 5'6" and 30" leg and have no trouble finding clothes that fit. I guess it depends on what overall shape you are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i'm 5'5" and buying jeans is always a pain in the ar$e, you just gotta go round ALL the shops, maybe return empty-handed, and try again another day. i'm very fussy with jeans anyway and only buy them when i really need to. But they're nearly always too long and get frayed at the bottom, but i quite like how that looks anyway.

in short (no pun intended!)... PERSEVERE

Advertisement